9 Replies Latest reply: Feb 29, 2012 4:44 AM by peds48 RSS

Remote does not turn off TV and Receiver together

martymoose623

When I press the tv/receiver button on the white remote it only turns the receiver on/off. I have to toggle the slide to "TV" and press power to turn the TV off. Direct TV was installed yesterday. I have a problem with the time it was taking to switch channels, tech support fixed that problem by disabling something thast had to do with the remote but not the remote doesnt turn the Tv and receiver on/off by puching the one button. Help!

• Re: Remote does not turn off TV and Receiver together
    jimmie57

You probably need to reprogram the remote for the TV.

Try this.

Choose remote, Type in the Brand , get the code, instructions are there also.

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/remote_codes

rijkstra

I've also noticed a problem since 0x59e and don't believe it's a remote issue. If the screensaver is active, the OFF button and PWR must both be hit. On my TV hitting OFF twice is no solution. The second OFF turns off the receiver, but also turns the TV back on.

peds48

to the OP, what is the model of your TV?

litzdog911
    Quote: Originally Posted by rijkstra  

I've also noticed a problem since 0x59e and don't believe it's a remote issue.  If the screensaver is active, the OFF button and PWR must both be hit.  On my TV hitting OFF twice is no solution.  The second OFF turns off the receiver, but also turns the TV back on.

Haven't heard of that problem.  Best to start your own new thread using the "Create New Post" button on the main forum page.  Your problem may very well be different from the original poster's.    With a new thread you can provide more information about your equipment, location, and troubleshooting you've tried so far.  And this forum software makes it difficult to track or respond to folks that add onto someone else's thread. 

rijkstra
    Quote:    Originally Posted by litzdog911
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rijkstra

I've also noticed a problem since 0x59e and don't believe it's a remote issue. If the screensaver is active, the OFF button and PWR must both be hit. On my TV hitting OFF twice is no solution. The second OFF turns off the receiver, but also turns the TV back on.

Haven't heard of that problem. Best to start your own new thread using the "Create New Post" button on the main forum page. Your problem may very well be different from the original poster's. With a new thread you can provide more information about your equipment, location, and troubleshooting you've tried so far. And this forum software makes it difficult to track or respond to folks that add onto someone else's thread.

It's not a big enough deal compared to other things that need fixing. Half the time, I turn the two off separately anyway. I'm really only concerned with problems for which there are no practical workarounds.

rijkstra

Is there a place on line where we can actually see what was supposedly fixed by any given release?

peds48

Best to start your own new thread using the "Create New Post" button on the main forum page. Your problem may very well be different from the original poster's. With a new thread you can provide more information about your equipment, location, and troubleshooting you've tried so far. And this forum software makes it difficult to track or respond to folks that add onto someone else's thread.

billthesat
    If the TV doesn't turn off using the side on/off buttons then you don't have the correct remote code programmed                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
    peds48
    Quote:    Originally Posted by billthesat 
    If the TV doesn't turn off using the side on/off buttons then you don't have the correct remote code programmed

not necessarily true. some codes just don't have that function mapped with their code set.