Choose remote, Type in the Brand , get the code, instructions are there also.
After you get the TV to power off, if it still does not control the volume do this.
Program in 993 and press the Select Button ( note: the select button in this case is part of the code )
From the remote manuals.
1. Turn on the TV.
NOTE: Please read steps 2-5 completely before proceeding.
Highlight or write down the codes and component
you wish to set up before moving on to step 2.
2. Locate the 5-digit code for your TV.
(See “Setup Codes for TVs” on page 15.)
3. Slide the MODE switch to the TV position.
4. Press and hold the MUTE and SELECT keys at the same
time until the green light under the TV position
flashes twice, then release both keys.
5. Using the number keys enter the 5-digit code for your
brand of TV. If performed correctly, the green light
under TV flashed twice.
6. Aim the remote at your TV and press the PWR key
once. Your TV should turn off. If it does not turn off,
repeat steps 3 and 4, trying each code for your brand
until you find the correct code.
7. Slide the MODE switch to the DIRECTV position. Press
TV POWER. Your TV should turn on.
Click on the link in post 3.
Choose the model of the remote,
choose the item to program ( default is the TV ),
type in the brand,
Click on Find Code, one code pops up,
there is another button now that says find more codes,
click on it and it will give all the codes that are supposed to work with that model.