7 Replies Latest reply: Apr 10, 2012 6:22 PM by hivemessiah RSS

problem communicating with dish

budz4brains

im trying to hook up a 18 inch round dish with a lmn dtv 32+ to my hr 24 reciever. i've tried everything and it says problems communicating with dish. HELP!!!

• Re: problem communicating with dish
    peds48

Here are the steps to change your dish settings

From the Menu 

Using the Arrow buttons navigate to - select Parental, Favorites, Setup - press Select button

Using the Arrow buttons navigate to highlight - select System Set Up - press Select button

Using the Arrow buttons navigate to highlight - select Satellite - press Select button

Using the Arrow buttons navigate to highlight - select Repeat Satellite Setup - press Select button

Follow the on screen instructions and press the - Dash button

A new screen will be shown

Use the Arrow buttons navigate to Switch - then press the Select button

In the drop-down box use the Arrow buttons to highlight  02 Multiswitch then press Select button

Use the Arrow buttons and highlight Dish Type - press the Select button

In the drop-down box use the Arrow buttons to highlight 01-18" round then press the Select button

Use the Arrow buttons to navigate to Continue until you can hight light - Watch DirectTV

budz4brains

it still isnt working. even tried my standard hd reciever. same thing. are my recievers maybe not compatible with my dish?

litzdog911

Where did you get that dish?  How are you aiming it?  Perhaps it's defective?

If you follow the steps in peds48's post in the EXACT order, it should work fine. 

peds48
    Quote:    Originally Posted by budz4brains 

it still isnt working. 

you don't give us much info.  what is not working?  Any error messages?  following the above instructions to the "T" should get your receiver switch to work with your dish.  of course, the dish must be aim properly in order to receive any programming.

budz4brains

it is not recognizing that a satelite is even there. the dish is hooked to the swm box at the power to swm, signal to ird is hooked into the reciever. even after setting up the reciever to the specifications above.( 01-round 18", and multi switch) still nothing. "problem communicating with dish. error code (771A)."

peds48

you don't need the power supply with the round dish.  just connect a coax cable from this dish directly to your receiver.  then follow the instructions on post # 2

hivemessiah

haha...hope you didnt toast the lnb