1 2 3 Previous Next 255 Replies Latest reply: Nov 13, 2012 12:35 PM by shannon1 RSS

missing local channels on DTV /TIVO receiver

wishbone4401

Many people with old DTV / TIVO boxes have been losing their local channels supposedly because DTV changed to a guide format that is only compatible with the 6.4 version of the operating system software. I lost my local channels around April 1st and filed a complaint with Directv corporate headquarters. Since that date a DTV representative has contacted me every week with an updated status. Last week they told me software updates are being re-enabled for anyone that didn’t have the 6.4 software version.  They said in order to get the update, you need to have the receiver connected to a working phone line and initiate a phone call by going to the Directv menu / read new messages and settings / settings / phone / connect to dvr service now / and then restart the receiver after the phone call is complete. If the Directv menu / read new messages and settings / system information / display shows you have version 6.4, then your local channels should return. Today, I called the Directv representative and told her I tried this for a week and it didn’t work and that as far as I know based on what’s been posted on all the forums, it’s not working for anyone else either. She said she would flag this as urgent and forward this information up the line.

I also told her that someone, probably with system access, was deleting entire threads (as opposed to offensive or inappropriate postings) on this forum that pertain to this problem and that it wasn’t helpful as the threads let people know they are not alone in having this problem and contain a lot of useful information about options and what doesn’t work (like paying $50 dollars for a service call).  In the event this thread / post gets deleted, I suggest anyone having this problem check out related posts at http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/forumdisplay.php?f=7 and http://www.dbstalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=194

1 2 3 Previous Next