4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 4, 2012 3:52 PM by bufmufr RSS

swap R22 for a HR24

danieldv6
Guys helpme please on this one. I was planning a self upgrade since DTV is offering me a free hddvr. So if make the self install ...can I swap my 3 R22'S for news HR24's???                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
  • Re: swap R22 for a HR24
    west99999tech

Maybe.. the system will allow R22 to be swapped for HDDVRs only if HD is already on the account. If you only have standard now then the R22 can only be swapped for r15 or r16 but maybe if you activate the new HD then swap them it will work.  You can set them up as service swaps and all lines will close without a problem.

danieldv6
    Yes. I have whdvr.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                
    krazyrs

i did a upgrade where i was adding a HR24 to a account with a r22

r22 would not pass IV retest no matter what outlet i had it on, even tho the brand new HR24 passed the sat retest/initial install at every outlet

so i tried swapping the r22 to a hr24 in my handheld before going out to the truck to get one, and it closed in my handheld no issues.

bufmufr

yeah...did service call..was worried about this.

6 to 9 months ago we couldnt swap out.  but now we can.

Not sure if it is only in mpeg4 markets or not. 

But we are mpeg4 market