15 Replies Latest reply: Sep 6, 2012 12:42 PM by tdbaker RSS

Galaxy s2 upgraded to Android 4.0. Rio access trouble..

danieldv6
I just update my galaxy to 4.0 ICS. Now I can't log in Rio. Anybody got any ideas other than OPERA.                                                                                                                                                                                                       
  • Re: Galaxy s2 upgraded to Android 4.0. Rio access trouble..
    jpmilleman
    Dolphin browser                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
    danieldv6
    Dolphin shows same errors on page.                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
    jpmilleman
    I use dolphin on my android phone works great
    adrianob83

mine just upgraded, and i got no issue

dielray
    It all comes down to the Webkit rendering engine used by both android and apple. The newer version dropped support for the archaic format Rio uses. Apple updated first. Android upgraded with ICS. Dolphin uses android's renderer. My suggestion is to downgrade.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
    hayes808
    I just got the galaxy s3 and I keep gettin an error on the page that would show my jobs. Any ideas other than opera or downgrading my software?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
    storm97

I went through several browsers (Dolphin, Chrome, Safari, Mercury) on both the android and iOS, and the only one that worked consistently was Opera Mini. On both, every other browser would let you log in, but then would get a syntax error when you clicked into your activities. Being a remote tech, and having to be in offline on the Handheld MOST of the time, I use my iPhone for most closures...

bam_ny05

From what I was "told".. Rio servers are only accessible on certain browsers (and/or operating systems).. its a compatibility issue due to the servers certificates. I can log onto my Droid 3 (v2.3), but can't log in on my samsung galaxy tab (v2.2)... as for desktop/laptop computers, again im told that it only works on older versions of internet explorer (i think v7 and older?) but will not work on anything v8 and newer unless you download supporting software or manage to install an older version of IE on windows OS 'XP' or later.

bam_ny05

directv really just needs to allow tech to use their smartphones, or issue technicians a blackberry or something where they can do everything they needs from there. Because as exaggerated as it may sound, i feel like I spend the same amount of my day playing around on my handheld as I do actual work at the customers home!... waiting and waiting and waiting for pages to load, switching back and forth between RIO and FISTT, and looking for better cell coverage just so information can be submitted thru... it's extremely irritating, time-consuming, and unnecessary!

But we all know directv won't do anything about it... at least not anytime soon! the only 2 things I use my handheld for is Signature captures, and Activating IRDs (for HHA credit towards my metrics). Otherwise, I do everything else from my smartphone; put myself On Site, add/delete and submit line items, close my work orders, and Notating the account (HH Noting)! I spend a1/8th the amount of the time on my smartphone than I do on my handheld!

I know we're not suppose to.. but until directv takes into consideration the technicians frustrations over these stupid handhelds, I'm not wasting time looking stupid while I stand next to a customer for 20 minutes because I have to wait to go back and forth between RIO and FISTT just to capture their signature for DPP and Work Order! They signed the hard copy (paperwork), and that's better than nothing!

peds48

You dont need to keep switching between RIO and FISST. press the GREEN dot on FISTT to go offline and now all the links on FISST for the customer to sign are clickable. once they customer sings all the required links, press the RED dot again to go back online, press the SYNC button and finish using your smartphone. note activating IRDs with your smartphones counts towards the HHA metrics. I ALWAYS use my iPhone for activations and I am sitting on 96%. I was on 100% before Saturday when the activation system was down and had to activate through DirecTV when the system came back up because it was still failing with HH. Oh and I was told by MasTec dispatch that those would not count against me. go figure!

dielray
    Quote:    Originally Posted by bam_ny05 

From what I was "told".. Rio servers are only accessible on certain browsers (and/or operating systems).. its a compatibility issue due to the servers certificates. I can log onto my Droid 3 (v2.3), but can't log in on my samsung galaxy tab (v2.2)... as for desktop/laptop computers, again im told that it only works on older versions of internet explorer (i think v7 and older?) but will not work on anything v8 and newer unless you download supporting software or manage to install an older version of IE on windows OS 'XP' or later.

It has nothing to do with certificates. RIO wireless uses WAP instead of HTML. WAP was developed for old school phones, and was already archaic when RIO came out. Because no one uses flip phones anymore, most websites don't do WAP. Because WAP is so uncommon, web browser developers started to drop support for it.

bam_ny05
    Quote:    Originally Posted by peds48_installs 

You dont need to keep switching between RIO and FISST. press the GREEN dot on FISTT to go offline and now all the links on FISST for the customer to sign are clickable. once they customer sings all the required links, press the RED dot again to go back online, press the SYNC button and finish using your smartphone. note activating IRDs with your smartphones counts towards the HHA metrics. I ALWAYS use my iPhone for activations and I am sitting on 96%. I was on 100% before Saturday when the activation system was down and had to activate through DirecTV when the system came back up because it was still failing with HH. Oh and I was told by MasTec dispatch that those would not count against me. go figure!

yeah i know.

and as for HHA, activating from my smartphone didn't give me credit. the only reason i dont use my phone for it is because the 1 time i activate 5 IRDs at an install with my phone, it suddenly dropped my HHA rate to 94%.. maybe it was a glitch, but whatever the reason, since then i only use my handheld to activate IRDs and capture signatures. otherwise, everything else is done by phone.

and yeah i know the online/offline. but one question i have about that; if u get a signature for DPP, but customer decides to opt out of DPP, does it still submit the signature even if you select 'dpp: none' to delete the line item? i know that deleting the line item prevents it from charging the customer for it, i just never knew if DTV could still see the signature and assume the customer wants it..

bam_ny05
    Quote:    Originally Posted by dielray 
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bam_ny05 

It has nothing to do with certificates. RIO wireless uses WAP instead of HTML. WAP was developed for old school phones, and was already archaic when RIO came out. Because no one uses flip phones anymore, most websites don't do WAP. Because WAP is so uncommon, web browser developers started to drop support for it.

which is why i said "from what i was told".. but thanks for the FYI

storm97

UT03 here

Using your smartphone should NOT drop your HHA% at all... being a remote tech, 6 times out of 10, I am following this process...

I am putting myself in offline prior to arrival, grabbing all my signatures, putting the HH next to my signal booster (in the truck), going online, refreshing, and going offline again.  Then I use my iPhone to close OLI's, activate receivers, etc...  My HHA% has always been at 100% by doing this (except for the occasional extremely remote area where I HAVE to use IVR to activate).

tdbaker
    Download and install the opera mini browser it should work