1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 128 Replies Latest reply: Oct 21, 2013 4:45 PM by kiwicarol04 Go to original post RSS
  • 30. Re: Rugby on Channel 490 is Gone
    gwedits

France v. Austrailia here:

http://www.sports-x.net/p/channel5.html

• 31. Re: Rugby on Channel 490 is Gone
    sunbeamtim

wiziwig tv has good live sports streaming , transtasman was good during the rwc . 

i ended up paying for universalsport coverage during the rwc , and was more than happy with it . 

directv bs , had a good friend get up early on his day off to let me come and watch rugby , only to find this mess . no reason fr them not to offer rights to an online channel if they cant be arsed to cover themselves . maybe they only have to pay if they take it , and they are have cash flow problems ? easy to prove otherwise directv , show next weeks games !!!!

• 32. Re: Rugby on Channel 490 is Gone
    kyl416

There was an official site that offered a cheap subscription for US viewers to get ALL the games that weren't on other channels like Setanta/Fox Soccer Plus, unfortunately they shutdown after DirecTV bid for the exclusive rights. So now DirecTV has the exclusive rights to games they refuse to show or stream online and the few games they do air aren't even promoted, or joined late because even the engineer on staff at 3am who's supposed to switch to the feed doesn't even know about it. Even their customer service reps are clueless and don't know the difference between the high profile international tournaments that should be on 490 vs the regional leagues that air on Fox Soccer Plus. Maybe you can complain to the teams or the league since DirecTV's treatment and lack of promotion is killing any chance of the sport gaining momentum in the USA. There are multiple unofficial sites to watch online which can be found via a google search. BBC One and BBC Two are airing a lot of the games including Scotland vs New Zealand tommorow morning, streams for them are easy to find.

• 33. Re: Rugby on Channel 490 is Gone
    vasa
    Quote:    Originally Posted by kyl416 

There are multiple unofficial sites to watch online which can be found via a Google search. BBC One and BBC Two are airing a lot of the games including Scotland vs New Zealand tomorrow morning, streams for them are easy to find.

Thank you kyl416. DirecTV is missing out on a opportunity to make money here.

Just like Napster made CD irrelevant, in the next two years internet streaming

will change Cable and Satellite companies.

• 34. Re: Rugby on Channel 490 is Gone
    kiwicarol04

I've tried BBC 1 & 2 & also www.sports-x.net but cannot find the rugby. I'll keep trying. Received a call from DirecTV but their response is still the same. Nobody knows or will tell why the rugby disappeared. i was told it would B on Channel 621 on Wed but I emailed FoxsoccerPlus & they R not showing the Northern Tournament,. I am not familiar with "streaming.' Does this come to our PC???

• 35. Re: Rugby on Channel 490 is Gone
    kiwicarol04

sent email to President, DirecTV yesterday & 2day received call from Lisa, ph: 866 785 5536 and she was looking into what happened. She called me back this afternoon & told me that the games were cx'd Friday because DirecTV lost the RIGHTS to cover the rugby. Sounds like someone in Contracts screwed up bigtime!! Now nobody has the Rights to rugby coverage & we may lose all coverage next year.

If I can master "streaming" then I will cx DirecTV. Live in a rural area of Arizona with only satellite TV so looks like they have a strong monopoly!!  I read that in the future there will B no satellite TV & we will receive all our TV thru' streaming from the Internet. Thankyou all, U rugby enthusiats who complained with me!! Who knows?? maybe the upper echelons of DirecTV will work this out. Lisa also told me there had been a policy change in Customer Service. It is now Customercares & the Customer service rep cannot transfer calls to someone in Sports/contracts or a Supervisor. Told her that was appalling policy for both sides of a Customer complaint.

• 36. Re: Rugby on Channel 490 is Gone
    josefunaki

I call directv on sat morning and this is what they said

Sorry  that due to a low number of tickets sold, the Broadcaster has decided last minute to blackout the game

Hope this week games will be up

• 37. Re: Rugby on Channel 490 is Gone
    ozusa

All game were sold out. plus there in a different country just lies all lies.   Go to WIZIWIG  thats were you can watch all sports from around the world.All the rugby you want.

• 38. Re: Rugby on Channel 490 is Gone
    vasa

I honestly think we are not talking to the right people at DirecTV.

We need to get to a informed decision maker at DirecTV.

DirecTV must have some rights to Autumn internationals, may not be for "live game" rights.

I watched Wales vs Argentina last night on DirecTV. Great game!!!

Channel 620 (beIN Sports) is rebroadcasting the following full games in HD. Enjoy.

• Rugby : Autumn Internationals 2012: Wales vs. Argentina - Wed, Nov 14, 4:00 AM MST|620
    • Rugby : Autumn Internationals 2012: Ireland vs. South Africa - Thu, Nov 15, 1:00 AM MST|620
    • Rugby : Autumn Internationals 2012: England vs. Fiji - Fri, Nov 16, 4:00 PM MST|620
  • 39. Re: Rugby on Channel 490 is Gone
    phillthedog

Direct TV wont allow posts with negatives

Called tech support wasted 20 minutes with a techie who finally found an E Mail that said a problem with programming.

Do these streaming services like wizig actually work. 

• 40. Re: Rugby on Channel 490 is Gone
    josefunaki
    Online stream is ok but its  not as pure as directv HD we need to keep email call them we need to watch this week games
    come on directive you guys are the only gateway to rugby on tv for us here in the states,please let us watch it no more of this blackout stuff                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
  • 41. Re: Rugby on Channel 490 is Gone
    ozusa

Yes it works check it out. wiziwig.  I have been using it for years.watch RWC in new zealand and lots of cricket. On ebay for around 50 bucks get an adapter which play which plays whats on your computer on your tv screen.    But yes josefunaki is total right its not the same as HD TV but some streamers are better than others.

• 42. Re: Rugby on Channel 490 is Gone
    terrydunn11

Wiziwig does not work on Mac OS X.  Are there any online streaming sites that work with Macs?

• 43. Re: Rugby on Channel 490 is Gone
    josefunaki

Any news guys,let's all call and demand it,please please please show the rugby this week

• 44. Re: Rugby on Channel 490 is Gone
    kiwicarol04

Yes, please, everyone call Lisa@ 1-866-785-5536. Should B a direct line 2 the DirecTV President's office!! I have spoken 2 Lisa about 3x's, very efficient but knows nothing about rugby!!!!  We rugby enthusiasts R being told a lot of garbage!! Lisa told me that DirecTV has lost the Rights to Rugby BUT I found this Tour on Ch: 620 in the Sports Pkg.  Customer has  not given me this option, yet surely this means DirecTV DOES have some rugby rights!!!!

C'mon, rugby fans, bombard DirecTV Customer Services!!!!!!!!!!

1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next