6 Replies Latest reply: Oct 19, 2012 11:19 AM by djdicetn RSS

Letters next to programs

cajazzman

What do the letters next to recorded programs mean? Thank you in advance!

• Re: Letters next to programs
    peds48

What letters?  can you post a picture?

cajazzman
    Quote:    Originally Posted by peds48_installs

What letters? can you post a picture?

Next to a few recorded programs there is a "K". Not sure what it means. I thought it was for pilot programs, but not all of the newer shows have them, and some shows like "The Amazing Race", has it.

dcd

K indicates the program has the "keep until I delete" tab attached. On demand programs have that automatically. It can be added or deleted to any program in the "list" by highlighting the program and pressing the blue remote button.

Note that "keep until I delete" is a bit of a misnomer.  It's overcome by the "keep at most" rule and by the expiration date rule.  It really only works if the hard drive is full and the system automatically deletes programs to make room for scheduled recordings.  In that case, the K programs are spared.  Of course, if all programs are K then it offers no advantage whatever.

cajazzman

****, sorry I didn't come back and thank you for helping me with this. Now I know exactly what they mean. I must be getting forgetful again. Thanks!Cool

dcd

No problem, you're welcome, and not the only one who is having some memory problems.

djdicetn

What problem? Is there a problem? :0)