4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 27, 2012 6:15 AM by joed32 RSS

HR20

joed32

One of my HR20s is dropping out of the whole home system whenever I try to watch one of it's programs on a different DVR. In a few minutes it's back up and if I try to watch it will work for a little while and the drop out again. I have another HR20 and an HR21 and 2 HR24s that are all working just fine. I think it needs to be replaced but if I call they are going to have me go through all of the troubleshooting tests again and it will work temporarily.

• Re: HR20
    dcd

From your post I count five HD DVR's. That would add up to ten tuners. Can you confirm that you have a SWM 16 multiswitch installed along with a conventional (non SWM) dish with four coax feeds connected to the SWM 16?  Also, do either of the HR20's have any added hardware except the DECA attached?  Please post back the full model numbers of both the HR-20-xxx.

joed32

Yes I have a SWM 16 in fact you were kind enough to help me get it. Th HR20s are both 700s and they each have a DVD recorder attached with component to composite converters. The other HR20 never has a problem. The one that keeps dropping out on the other 4 DVRs can apparently view all of the other DVRs programs without a hitch, I will watch it all night this evening and see if that's true.

dcd

Sorry, I lose track of who got what but do recognize your screen name.  The HR20-700 does not require the special hardware that I alluded to, only the HR20-100.  Have you done a complete system red button reset?  All of the DVR's and receivers?  That sometimes will correct sharing problems.

joed32

Quick update when watching the "bad" HR20 I was able to watch shows on the other DVRs with no problem. I switched to a different DVR and now everything seems to be working again at least temporarily. Thanks for the advice.