4 Replies Latest reply: May 24, 2013 5:28 PM by drlbg RSS

directv player doesn't work

hobnob

I downloaded directv player and it doesn't work. I would like ot know how to uninstall it from my mac which runs on mountain lion

• Re: directv player doesn't work
    dcd

Are you referring to the Everywhere player or the Directv2PC software?  If the former then you'll have better luck posting your question in the Directv Mobile Apps forum (link to left)

hobnob

it is the directv player that i was prompted to download to my mac desktop to watch shows online.  it is not an app  when I try to watch a program on the google browser a yellow bar come up on top and says "the follwing plug-in has crashed:  PCShow Player Plugin and the video stop loading at 85%.  I tried with Safari and same thing happens.  so, I would like to uniinstall the directv player since it doesn't work and would like to know how.  First, install DIRECTV Player, if you haven't already done so. Installation is quick and easy.

Once installation is complete, relaunch your web browser and proceed with the steps below:

I installed the player yet it doesn't work.  So I wanted to uninstall then reinstall to see if it would work.  To uninstall on my mac and went to the player in my finder and sent it to trash then empties the trash.  when I try to reinstall the player from directv, it says this:

Congratulations!   You've successfully installed the sofware required to watch videos on directv.com

Clearly, directv seems to think I still have this software installed yet I can't locate it as it does not work.  

would like help with this please

My roommate uploaded this to her macbook with no problem 

Congratulations!
    dcd

you'll have better luck posting your question in the Directv Mobile Apps forum (link to left)

drlbg
    I have the exact same problem trying to get this to work.  So did you ever get an answer on what to do.....
    Quote:    Originally Posted by hobnob 

it is the directv player that i was prompted to download to my mac desktop to watch shows online.  it is not an app  when I try to watch a program on the google browser a yellow bar come up on top and says "the follwing plug-in has crashed:  PCShow Player Plugin and the video stop loading at 85%.  I tried with Safari and same thing happens.  so, I would like to uniinstall the directv player since it doesn't work and would like to know how.  First, install DIRECTV Player, if you haven't already done so. Installation is quick and easy.

Once installation is complete, relaunch your web browser and proceed with the steps below:

I installed the player yet it doesn't work.  So I wanted to uninstall then reinstall to see if it would work.  To uninstall on my mac and went to the player in my finder and sent it to trash then empties the trash.  when I try to reinstall the player from directv, it says this:

Congratulations!   You've successfully installed the sofware required to watch videos on directv.com

Clearly, directv seems to think I still have this software installed yet I can't locate it as it does not work.  

would like help with this please

My roommate uploaded this to her macbook with no problem 

Congratulations!