8 Replies Latest reply: Aug 17, 2013 5:26 AM by peds48 RSS

How do I uninstall DTV Everywhere for Mac?

tundrwd

As subject states - how do I uninstall this useless piece of software?

• Re: How do I uninstall DTV Everywhere for Mac?
    dcd

The only software involved with Directv Everywhere is the Directv Player.  I don't run Mac, but in a Windows system you open the Control Panel to Programs and Features, locate Directv Player and delete it.

tundrwd

Aware of that - Mac doesn't work that way.  The "app" apparently isn't even a Mac app, but a series of files installed as a "package". It requires an uninstaller, which is supposedto be included with the installer - but isn't.  And if it isn't, should have a separate uninstaller - but doesn't.  And I don't know what file(s) were installed, or what scripts run to modify what so I can't do it manually.

pappasbike

I haven't downloaded this, but does it install as an extension in Safari? If that's the case it can be uninstalled from the extensions tab in Safari's preferences. If it installs as an actual app you should be able to just drag it to the trash from Finder or from Launchpad click and hold on the icon till the "x" comes up and click on that. If it installs some other way I'm not sure how you would uninstall.

tundrwd
    Quote:    Originally Posted by pappasbike 

I haven't downloaded this, but does it install as an extension in Safari? If that's the case it can be uninstalled from the extensions tab in Safari's preferences. If it installs as an actual app you should be able to just drag it to the trash from Finder or from Launchpad click and hold on the icon till the "x" comes up and click on that. If it installs some other way I'm not sure how you would uninstall.

Nope - checked that.  Not an extension to Safari.

vsmith

Here's where to find the plugin on your Mac:

- go to the user's home folder

- open up the Library folder

- open up the Internet Plug-ins folder

- remove the PlayerPlugin.bundle

It's very disappointing that Directv doesn't provide an uninstaller, nor any instructions on how to uninstall this software. 

peds48
    Quote:    Originally Posted by vsmith 

Here's where to find the plugin on your Mac:

- go to the user's home folder

- open up the Library folder

- open up the Internet Plug-ins folder

- remove the PlayerPlugin.bundle

It's very disappointing that Directv doesn't provide an uninstaller, nor any instructions on how to uninstall this software. 

I though of that, but Playerplugin.bundle is not there

poppatm

I don't know if DirecTV had an uninstall command before but I was able to find one as of Aug 2013. Locate the following command in the Users Library and click it.  It automatically launches a terminal window and runs the command.  /Users/xxxxx/Library/NDSPCShowServer/uninstall.command

peds48

I think the problems for most folks is that the "Library" folder is hidden.  the key id to "option" click GO on a finder window to open the Library folder