18 Replies Latest reply: Dec 30, 2012 7:05 AM by whydoistilldothiswork RSS

Pay reduced for c31 Client

dtvsub

Hello everybody,

I am a Sub in central Florida area under Mastec. Last week hear news that they going to pay $4 less for C31 Client. Anybody get the same news

• Re: Pay reduced for c31 Client
    dielray

My guess is you heard about MRV Enabled not generating. For some reason DirecTV only adds the line item if the order contains two non-client IRDs.

krazyrs

we joke about it as the office, can pay less because we dont have to tear the cellophane wrapper to get the access cards out with c31's

they pay 7/8/9$ depending on color tho :(

bufmufr

Least you heard about it.

No one in our depot knew about it until we got our backups.

and why $9 for blue vs 9.50?

50 cents adds up over alot of clients.

signalslinger

We get $12 per client in Charlotte but also if a SIN30 is generated with the new equipment as of 3 weeks ago it is a $80.00 charge back!!  It was $30.00 before...  I was pretty lucky last month & got hit with 1, but one tech was not so lucky...  He had "8" SIN30's  (DEDUCTION OF $640.00)!!! Not including all the other stuff they deduct, etc.etc.etc.etc.etc.etc.etc.  They are the pimps & we are the whores who enjoy getting our checks pimp slapped....   Anyone else getting hit with similar back charges??  Also wanna add that even when a receiver goes bad or a technical issue phone call that is solved over phone has created these back charges....  

west99999tech

Why work with these conditons? Charlotte is Mastec right? Or you an employee or contractor?

pressureman0

charlotte is mastec my father in law lives there

krazyrs

idk, im mastec dfw region and sos/nc truck roll is 10$ chargeback

maybe get 2 in 2 weeks tops, but its gone up (4-5) since the clients are garbage

9.50? i get 11.50/box as green so its a 3.50$ loss per client

times the 3 usually on a NI for 10.50$ loss

so grateful yesterday when FSS swapped a hr34/c31/c31 NI to a HR24/d12/d12/d12 one :)

signalslinger
    Yep, I'm a contractor for Mastec...  Unfortunately                                                                                                                                                                                                                
    signalslinger
    Got a Sin 30 yesterday on $56 upgrade, back charge $80to to follow and it was result of the new HR34 & customer owned HR24-200 would not share playlists with eachother, restored network defaults, 3 software downloads each, restarting both 4 or 5 times, replaced BB deca, restart router, both would connect & give 88 code...   After about 2 hours of frustration I had to just let it go & move on....                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 
    peds48
    Quote:    Originally Posted by signalslinger 
    Got a Sin 30 yesterday on $56 upgrade, back charge $80to to follow and it was result of the new HR34 & customer owned HR24-200 would not share playlists with eachother, restored network defaults, 3 software downloads each, restarting both 4 or 5 times, replaced BB deca, restart router, both would connect & give 88 code... After about 2 hours of frustration I had to just let it go & move on....

did you check the IP address of both receivers?

signalslinger
    Hey peds, no I didn't but am curious what checking the IP address will do! Please advise @ your earliest convenience.... thanks!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
    peds48

making sure that both receivers are getting DHCP address from the router.

heath1500
    Quote:    Originally Posted by signalslinger 
    Got a Sin 30 yesterday on $56 upgrade, back charge $80to to follow and it was result of the new HR34 & customer owned HR24-200 would not share playlists with eachother, restored network defaults, 3 software downloads each, restarting both 4 or 5 times, replaced BB deca, restart router, both would connect & give 88 code... After about 2 hours of frustration I had to just let it go & move on....

Did you check the list options with the yellow button while in the list. I have been coming across 34's networked with a 24 that seems to set the list option to local list only. I've had to go in and change it many time over the last month or so

signalslinger
    No I haven't, but that makes some sense & can't wait to try it!  Thanks... Also MastecSucks!  Just saying...                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
    dielray

So it turns out everyone was up in arms over nothing.

I payed attention to my pay stub this week and noticed I was being paid for MRV Enabled on every install. Curious, I had some of the orders pulled up. The very last line item on each of them(even after the line items I added) was MRV Enabled.

Although it isn't generating upon order creation, they are adding it to HR34+C31 installs after the order is closed.

pressureman0

but you still working for mastec lol

dielray
    Quote:    Originally Posted by pressureman0 

but you still working for mastec lol

Fortunately, I don't work for Mastec.

whydoistilldothiswork

Thanks to hurricane sandy my sin 30 is at 10%. Mastec only charges back 50% of the service rate. But it still adds up and I cannot do anything about it