4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 10, 2012 4:26 PM by jack33ta RSS

Problems with the C31 Clients and the H34 Genie,  White Screen, fast forward issues, freezing picture

jack33ta

Hi I have had the H34 Genie for 2 months now and I have had nothing but trouble with it.  I see from the other posts that I am not the only one with the same issues with regards to the C31 Clients.  I know all about the red reset button on each of the clients and behind the card slot door on the main H34 Receiver and I have pressed that before many times to solve issues including the white screen.  So I have a bunch of questions here that I would like answers to one by one in details:

1)How do I know which software I have with regards to the H34 Genie?  I know based on reading the other posts in the forum that there is a new software 0x628 software but does that solve the problems of the white screen and the freezing and all that stuff?  How do I know if I have that software now installed on my Genie?  Please let me know so that I can see for myself. 

2)I get the white screen a lot on both of my C31 clients.  It happened today and it happened 2 days ago and 5 days ago etc etc etc.  If I unplug the C31 clients and plug them back in it doesn't work and if I press the red reset button on the clients it doesn't work.  Only when I press the red reset button on the Main receiver does it solve the problem temporarily and this is very annoying because what If I am recording something at the same time that the white screen comes up on the clients, that is gonna disturb the recordings.  So this is terrible and it shouldn't be happening every 2 days.  Not acceptable.

3)On the Clients sometimes the picture freezes and does absolutely nothing at all until I press the up or down channel buttons and that is not good at all because if I am in the middle of a show and this happens I will lose part of the show and that is not right at all.  This happens a lot as well.  

4)On the clients the fast forwarding is a major issue sometimes,  When I press the 30 sec fast forward it jumps 15 minutes forward sometimes and that is just insane because what if I am watching a recording sporting event.  I am gonna know the score that way.  You know when you press the forward button and it has 1, 2, 3, and 4 speeds.   Say I choose speed 1 it skips sometimes 15 minutes or so as well.  

5)On the Main Genie receiver when I am changing channels and the new channel comes up sometimes there is no sound coming out until I change the channel again and go back to the same channel and that shouldn't happen.  

Please give me answers to each of the above question in details and give me a solution that will solve all these problem so that I won't see them ever again.  All of these issues if they stay unresolved are enough grounds to break the 2 year agreement that I signed with Directv.  Thanks. 

• Re: Problems with the C31 Clients and the H34 Genie,  White Screen, fast forward issues, freezing picture
    dcd

1.  Press and hold the "info" button on the remote

2.  Hopefully the software update (maybe in January) will correct these issues.

3.                          Ditto

4.                          Ditto

5.  Maybe a HDMI handshake issue.  Is the Genie connected to the TV by HDMI cable?

There is no doubt the Genie - Client system is experiencing some growing pains. Oddly enough some folks have zero problems, some have an occasional wrinkle and some have more than their share.  I have a very occasional wrinkle that is easily corrected.  If you feel your system is unacceptable you'll need to call or write Directv and handle that directly with them.

• Re: Problems with the C31 Clients and the H34 Genie,  White Screen, fast forward issues, freezing picture
    carolinaclay
    I am having the same problem. Some time have to reboot 2 or3 times a day. I did not sign up to be a beta tester. Directv can ether fix it or come and get it out of my trash. I am not paying for this junk any more.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
    peds48
    Quote:    Originally Posted by carolinaclay 
    I am having the same problem. Some time have to reboot 2 or3 times a day. I did not sign up to be a beta tester. Directv can ether fix it or come and get it out of my trash. I am not paying for this junk any more.

Best to start your own new thread using the "Create New Post" button on the main forum page. Your problem may very well be different from the original poster's. With a new thread you can provide more information about your equipment (model numbers), location, and troubleshooting you've tried so far. And this forum software makes it difficult to track or respond to folks that add onto someone else's thread. Thank you. 

jack33ta

Hi dcd yes the genie is connect to the TV by HDMI cable and it isn't only me having the issues with the clients and main genie.  A lot of other people are having the same problems.  Directv charges a lot of money every month and they shouldn't be having problems like this.  There is a lot of issues with Directv.  I never had any problems with dish network when I was with them and their representative were more informed and more friendly that directv's representatives.  Dish network's picture was more brighter and better than directv's picture on the same tv with the same setting with hdmi.  If the January new software doesn't fix the problems I am gonna switch back to dish network   Let me know more information if you have.  Thanks and take care.