18 Replies Latest reply: Dec 14, 2012 4:33 PM by litzdog911 RSS

Autotuned

neil154

I am using a Slingbox to watch DirectV and sometimes I get a message which says the current program has been autotuned and then asks if I am sure that I want to interupt the program.

What is autotuned and is there a way not to get the message?

• Re: Autotuned
    dcd

Autotune is a system whereby you select a program to be shown at a time selected from the guide.  However, this system is on receives and is not available on a DVR or the C31 client.  What is the model number of your receiver?

neil154

I do not know the model number but the Slingbox is connected to a client (I am not located where the client is)

dcd

We use the term client to indicate a C31 Genie Client.  You'll need to contact whoever owns the system you're watching and tell them to take the autotune off the programs.  They obviously have a non DVR receiver and have set the autotune to suit their needs.

neil154

You are correct that the "client": I am referring to is probably not the correct term since the "device" is connected to a DVR which is not a Genie.

Are you saying that the devce is being set to record something and that when I change the channel I am stopping the recording?  How does one "take the sutotune off the program"?

peds48
    Quote:    Originally Posted by neil154 

You are correct that the "client": I am referring to is probably not the correct term since the "device" is connected to a DVR which is not a Genie.

You need to make sure of the receiver's model.  DVRs do not have autotune.  but AAR, in the receivers menu go to the "series manger" and delete the auto tunes

neil154

Okay, the next time I am home I can take "autotune" off but again until I do that does it mean that when I "interupt" that I am stopping a recording in progress?  If not what does it mean?

litzdog911

Okay, the next time I am home I can take "autotune" off but again until I do that does it mean that when I "interupt" that I am stopping a recording in progress?  If not what does it mean?

No, it just means that you're preventing that Receiver from tuning to the Autotune channel.  

peds48

yo can also remove the auto tune via the sling box using the DirecTV interface 

neil154

Okay what is the autune channel?  How do I remove autotune using Slingbox, when I went to manage recording I did not see anything that said autotune?

peds48

there is no auto tune channel.  is a setting on your receiver 

neil154

Okay, I still do not understand what autotune is and I would like to know how to turn it off using Slingbox

litzdog911

"Autotune" works like setting up a DVR recording, except it simply tunes to the programmed channel at the programmed time.  You should be able to delete them under "Manage Autotunes" in the Setup Menu. 

neil154

I went thru all of the commands under settings and do not see anything that looks like Autotune, please give me specific directions

litzdog911

I went thru all of the commands under settings and do not see anything that looks like Autotune, please give me specific directions

Sorry, I'm  not in front of a Receiver right now.  Hopefully one of the other guys will know the exact sequence. 

peds48

I don't a receiver either.  but we MUST know what model of receiver do you have.  you can find this by going to the menu and system info

litzdog911

Menu > Extras > Manage Autotunes

neil154

Thanks, I turned it off

litzdog911

Good to hear.  Enjoy.