6 Replies Latest reply: Dec 27, 2012 3:48 PM by peds48 RSS

Setting up the BOSE SOLO with DIRECTV

boyzx3iii
Are there specific setup instructions for replacing the current TV volume controls with the controls for the BOSE SOLO?  I want to continue to use the DIRECTV remote to control the BOSE.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
  • Re: Setting up the BOSE SOLO with DIRECTV
    peds48

what model of receiver do you have. look for the model number inside the access card door. 

what is the model of your DirecTV remote control?

boyzx3iii
    Receiver = HR24-100
    Remote = RC65RX                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
    dcd

The HR24 remote setup menu is easy to follow and pretty well self explanatory.  You'll set the Bose power functions under the AV1 slide switch position,  After that is programmed, there will be an option to control either the TV or the Bose volume.

boyzx3iii
    I was able to turn the power on for the Bose BUT when I tried to do the volume lock, the remote had a transmission code error.   What did I do wrong?
    boyzx3iii
    I figured it out. I had to repeat the lock process a number of times until it found the right code.  I just kept hitting Try Again till it locked successfully.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
    peds48

Awesome.  Thanks for the update. Enjoy!