6 Replies Latest reply: Feb 26, 2013 4:45 AM by dcd RSS

Diagnostc Code 40-647

cajazzman

We did some remodling and now when we test the system, we get a diagnostic code 40-647, failed test. When I turn on the system, It says 771, but when I switch the cables, it works, but I think one of the connections is causing this problem. What does this code mean?

• Re: Diagnostc Code 40-647
    litzdog911

40 - Satellite tuner 2 issue.  Non-SWM fails basic +13/+18V LNB test for signal.  Could be dish alignment or signal distribution problem. 

peds48

what happens if you swap the satellite cables behind the DVR.  Does the problem stays with tuner 2 or does it move to tuner1?

cajazzman
    Quote:    Originally Posted by peds48_installs 

what happens if you swap the satellite cables behind the DVR.  Does the problem stays with tuner 2 or does it move to tuner1?

I've fix it, but not because I called Directv support. One of the cable connections wasn't as tight as it should've been. It was strange though when I did call Directv support. They said because we had moved the Directv receiver, that our warranty was null and void, which I've been paying the extra $5.99 a month so in case I ever need a service call, I wouldn't have to pay. Ever hear of that?

litzdog911

That's just silly.   When you get bogus information like that, just call again and pray that the next support rep is better.   

At any rate, glad you got it fixed!  Enjoy!

cajazzman
    Quote:    Originally Posted by litzdog911 

That's just silly.   When you get bogus information like that, just call again and pray that the next support rep is better.   

At any rate, glad you got it fixed!  Enjoy!

Yeah, I knew better, so there was no need to say anything more about that. She also said that at the end, that the receiver was running great again, even though I knew it wasn't fixed yet. At that point I knew that one of the connections was not working properly. But, as soon, as I looked at the tuners, and saw one was't getting any readings, I knew where to look. Then as soon as it was tighten the connection, it was back to normal.

dcd

Depending on what you told the original CSR, I could see a "we aren't covering that" response.  Example: "I remodeled our house and ran new wiring and now one of the receivers isn't getting a signal".