16 Replies Latest reply: Aug 21, 2013 9:49 AM by stix2u RSS

Can't program remote to Samsung soundbar

vettegofast

I have an HR24/500 with an RC65 remote.  it work fine for my Tv, but i cant get it to control my Samsung HW-e450 soundbar. I tried using all the audio codes listed and auto searching, but nothing. 

Can someone please help? 

thanks

• Re: Can't program remote to Samsung soundbar
    tivoburkee

No, there isn't a preset code. If you had a rc65x, rc65rx, or rc65rbx remote, then you could have the HR24 load upgrade code to your remote. That is the only way to get Directv remote to control your soundbar. Sorry.

vettegofast

oh nuts.  I do have an RC65RB, would that do the same thing? 

tivoburkee

Sorry but no. Only the x series of remotes have a two way communication with newer receivers. If you had right remote and loaded the code, this code isn't permanent, one reset of the remote will wipe it away. Then you would need to upgrade it again.

scadarick
    I have had this problem for some time myself but what I did was buy the new universal remote with RF, not IR. it's back light and comes with a rack to hold your hr25 on the wall or the back of your tv. It also comes with a RF external antenna with a long enough cable. But first you must change your receivers mode from IR to RF very easy select menu choose remote and go from there under advance you will find the ir to rf change mode. Not real sure of this, but this works for the hr25 boxes I have whole house drv service, drv s the hr-24, then have 3 hr25 in the bedrooms and my office. I paid 35.00 for the kit, and it was worth every Penney. The Samsung sound bar had several other models as well, it had mine, hwd-450...no more exta remotes! If you guys need the codes to do he rf setup let me know. Good luck guys, hope this helps a few of you guys, the same question is all over the net glad he solution was sitting at directv and did not know it, neither does any of the techs ...now they do!
    scadarick
    This answer is correct, I got the RC65RBX remote as stated below under my previous post. Changed the hr25 to RF, plugged in the external antenna, then searched for the sound bar and there it was. Bingo it works perfectly. The back lite is a plus too. Good luck guys, this problem is all over the net.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
    tivoburkee

Yes, your receiver loaded upgrade code 32609, but that is useless to the op because of the rc65rb remote they have. Code 32609 isn't preset in to ANY directv remote.

peds48
    Quote:    Originally Posted by scadarick 
    This answer is correct, I got the RC65RBX remote as stated below under my previous post. Changed the hr25 to RF, plugged in the external antenna, then searched for the sound bar and there it was. Bingo it works perfectly. The back lite is a plus too. Good luck guys, this problem is all over the net.

…and RF has nothing to do with the remote controlling the sound bar.  

vettegofast

i see what youre saying. the rc65rb wont learn the code from the receiver like the rc65x? rf does work with it, even without an external antenna.  The rc65x will learn the code automatically?

i will def get a remote. also whats the difference between the different "X" models?

Thanks

peds48
    Quote:    Originally Posted by vettegofast 

i see what youre saying. the rc65rb wont learn the code from the receiver like the rc65x? rf does work with it, even without an external antenna.  The rc65x will learn the code automatically?

i will def get a remote. also whats the difference between the different "X" models?

Thanks

X series are 2 way.  meaning they can "learn" codes from the receiver.

vettegofast

Kewl. i just orderes an RC65RX. Looking forward to using just one remote! :-)

tivoburkee

the rc65x, is IR only remote, rc65rx, is RF remote, and the rc65rbx, is a backlit and RF remote.

vettegofast

thanks tivo

vettegofast

well, i got my rc65rx in and it works great! much easier to program than the other.  It controls the soundbar volume with ease. 

For those of you who are familiar with this, is there anything else the directv rc can control on the soundbar besides the volume? 

Thanks for all the help guys.

tivoburkee

Sorry don't own one, and other discussions never got past the volume settings.

vettegofast

oh ok. that may be all it does. just curious. thanks again for the help!  :-)