4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 11, 2013 5:46 PM by peds48 RSS

Distant Network

your_mom777

I have locals in my area, but lets say I found a place (zip code) where Directv doesn't offer locals in that area.I really want the West coast feed from Los Angeles.  Could I be able to update my service address and tell Directv I can't receive locals and be able to get Distant locals?If so, how does the process work? I check the eligibility for the area and it says eligible for all. Let me know thanks

• Re: Distant Network
    peds48

I wish it was that easy.  You need to get waivers from the networks.  You would need to prove (paying out of you pocket an "inspector" around $500.00, per waiver, per network)  that where you live, you have no way to get locals, this includes using an Over The Air antenna.  if you can get them that way, you will be denied.  Plus is illegal!!!!

your_mom777
    Quote:    Originally Posted by peds48_installs

I wish it was that easy. You need to get waivers from the networks. You would need to prove (paying out of you pocket an "inspector" around $500.00, per waiver, per network) that where you live, you have no way to get locals, this includes using an Over The Air antenna. if you can get them that way, you will be denied. Plus is illegal!!!!

Even if it says eligible onhttp://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPageIFnorail.jsp?assetId=P4880022#h:573.658?! Wouldn't they just add it on automatically? Couldn't I just tell them that I have tried ota and no locals are in the area?

peds48
    Quote:    Originally Posted by your_mom777 
     Wouldn't they just add it on automatically? Couldn't I just tell them that I have tried ota and no locals are in the area?

No.  you need to prove to the Networks (in order to get a waiver) that you cannot get locals via either DirecTV or OTA.  This is an FCC regulation, not DirecTV's