5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 14, 2013 10:13 AM by tech_1438 RSS

Error 775

etf5006

Tried turning on my DTV yesterday and got an error 775.  I called DTV and they had me try to restart everything, but still had no luck.  They will be sending a tech out on Monday, but this is ridiculous. Always having issues with DTV either faulty equipment or billing problems.  Is there anything else I can try?  I live in an apt and the dish is right on my porch.  Can I somehow just temporarily plug my one receiver directly from the dish to my box?

• Re: Error 775
    tech_1438

If you have multiple receivers, and all display 775, then the issue most likely lies in the cabling between the power inserter and the dish on your porch.  How is the cable into the apt ran?  Does it come through the sliding door via a "flat-line" cable?  If so, these fail regularly, especially with frequent use of the sliding door during nice weather.  Look for a break in the plastic sheathing and exposed metal.  Most radio Shacks sell the flat-lines for around $10.00.  If the cable is run a different way, look for any breaks in the cable.  If there are any connections, pull them apart and look for corrosion.

Good Luck!!

etf5006

I looked at the flat cable and everything looks fine. I have the reciever currently directly connected to the dish, what settings on my hr24 do I need to change so it will pull signal? current settings are: 

Dish Type: 17: Slimline-3S (SWM)

Switch Type: 01: SWM

Tuners: Dual

My dish is Slimline with a single round transmitter (not the 3 one)

Just need some kind of TV today until they can come out and fix it.

tech_1438

Your 21v SWM Power Inserter is needed in line.

Cable from the dish to the "Power to SWM" port on the Inserter.  One cable from the "Signal to IRD" port to Sat1 input on the HR24.

Good Luck!!

etf5006

ok, once i connect that what settings do i need to change on the receiver?

tech_1438
    Quote:    Originally Posted by etf5006 

ok, once i connect that what settings do i need to change on the receiver?

none.

reboot the receiver.

Good Luck!!