7 Replies Latest reply: Dec 29, 2013 6:38 AM by peds48 RSS

error message when trying to stream

signmaker

Error message says... 0033: Customer not authorized for content requested. I have been watching CNN from my work computer daily for 2 weeks. Today this pops up. I have looked through my Direct TV account to see if something has changed. Has anyone received this or any ideas. How crazy.... Its CNN I'm trying to watch not the Playboy channel. Thanks 

• Re: error message when trying to stream
    dcd

I assume you are going to www.cnn.com and selecting live TV?  Does the site allow you to sign in using your Directv email and password?  I just tried CNN and it's working fine on my computer.  You might go to www.directv.com/resend, sign in to your account and send a fresh authorization to your receivers.

signmaker

Thank you for your reply. Yes I go through CNN.com live TV etc. Always has worked. I did do what you suggested by reauthorizing and I will see what happens. If that does not work I will repost. Maybe I will either way to give an update. Maybe others might benefit. Thank you again

signmaker

0033:The customer is not authorized for the content requested. 

Well it did not work.  I copied and pasted the message. I did wait a while before I retried. Its weird because I can go to FOX live and stream thru Direct TV without a problem. Much rather listen to CNN though. I might have to call Direct TV and see what they know.  Thank you. 

dcd

You might try the CNN link on your home computer to do away with any possibility it's something in the work computer causing the issue.

signmaker

I had that same idea. I went to my iphone app that has also worked in the past. I got the same error. Has to be something with direct tv or even cnn but you said you can sign in to cnn. it has to be tied to my account somehow. I will have to call them now...... This is so driving me nuts. 

There are at least four threads on the error 0033 issue, none of which contain even an acknowledgement of the problem, let alone insight into its causes or possible solutions by a DirecTV representative. Looks like we are SOL guys! Cool product. And yeah, im C/Ping this on all of the threads.