21 Replies Latest reply: May 17, 2013 3:12 PM by peds48 RSS

cinema connection kit

dhk217

i spent over an hour today trying to set up my cinema connection device for direct tv...but the tech support person was unable to help me.  he had me connect the coaxial cable from the wall into the kit and then the kit directly into the directv receiver... on my tv screen displayed the message  "no signal". 

when i reconnected the wired directly back into the receiver i was able to again watch tv fine.

i have wireless internet with the router set up in my office at home. the tv in the living room has the main direct tv receiver and i have two other smaller receivers, one in my office and the other in my guest bedroom..

• Re: cinema connection kit
    grim944

The kit is actually installed at your router.  The coax from the cinema kit needs to go to the wall.  Then the Ethernet cable goes to the router.  The wall connection that you use needs to be connected to the system so the internet signal can be fed through the coax.  If you are not sure just connect it and if you get signal you will know. The easiest way to tell if you have an internet connection is by pushing the right arrow on the Directv remote.  This should open up the gadgets.   If you need to split the line make sure you use an approved splitter or the satelight signal may not get through to the receiver.  Hope this helps

shannon1

Press the DASH key does it come back as SWM connected?

dcd

Please disregard post #2 as it does not apply to this situation.  User Grim944 is referring to a hard wired DECA BB adapter and the original poster in this case has a W-CCK wireless adapter which does connect using the coax IF the system is SWM.  Answer the question in post #3 and someone will respond with instructions.

peds48

SInce your router is in the Office and you have a DirecTV receiver/client there, it is highly recommended that a tech come and install the much reliable DECA BB that post #2 references then the wireless version

grim944
    @DCD Since dhk217 stated  how he was instructed to connect it is why I gave instructions on the cck coax. The post only states that it is a cck kit not if it is wireless or not. It does state he has a wireless router though.

dcd
    Quote:    Originally Posted by grim944 
    @DCD Since dhk217 stated how he was instructed to connect it is why I gave instructions on the cck coax. The post only states that it is a cck kit not if it is wireless or not. It does state he has a wireless router though.

The original poster has a wireless adapter.  The telling clue is that he has coax connected both in and out.  Your instructions were for a hard wired adapter.  This was not intended to denigrate your post in any way, but discussing a hard wired adapter with a user with a wireless adapter is confusing to say the least.

Terminology is important in these cases.  The wireless adapter is a W-CCK and the hard wired model is a DECA-BB.

dcd
    @DCD Since dhk217 stated how he was instructed to connect it is why I gave instructions on the cck coax. The post only states that it is a cck kit not if it is wireless or not. It does state he has a wireless router though.

I judge the poster has a wireless adapter due to having a coax in and out connection.  Posting instructions for a wired adapter would be totally confusing to him to say the least.  I did not intend to denigrate you in any way but do want to give the poster the correct info.

Terminology is real important in these cases.  The wireless adapter is a W-CCK or simply CCK and the wired adapter is a DECA-BB.

dhk217

hey all thank you for all your help...

i just checked and when i press the DASH key it does come back as "SWiM connected" whatever that means...

the model of the CCK is DCAW1R0-01

what should i do?

peds48

Connect the CCK-W as the attachment shows and do the following 

try holding the reset button on the back of the CCK-W for 30 seconds.  then on your HDDVR press

MENU ➜ SETTINGS & HELP ➜ SETTINGS ➜ NETWORK SET UP ➜ RESTORE DEFAULTS ➜ CONNECT NOW ➜ GET CONNECTED ➜ WIRELESS.  the receiver will then scan for Wi-Fi networks and should d find yours.  once it finds your SSID, select your network name.  if your network is secured, it will ask you to type in your password.  if successful, you will get a message that says "congratulations, your receiver is connected to the internet"  Note that your SSID and/or password cannot have any spaces and/or special characters

dhk217
    Ok. But first I need to install the cck in my office where my Internet router is... Correct?  Not at my tv where the main receiver is?  How do I do this step?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
    peds48

The CCK-W can be installed any where in the DirecTV coax tree, but since you have a receiver in the office, I would install it there.

shannon1

The "TO SWM" connects to the coax that is already connected to the receiver then a short coax goes to the other port and then to the receiver.   

peds48
    Quote:    Originally Posted by shannon1 

The "TO SWM" connects 

It actually labeled "towards LNB" 

dhk217

hi. i tried everything you said...

i have the cck hooked up to the receiver in my office where my router is.

when i went through the steps on my tv it would only let me get as far as restore defaults....connnect now was not an option. i tried pressing test connection instead and it says no internet could be detected...

peds48

what model of receiver do you have in the office?. look for the model number inside the access card door. 

dhk217
    It says h25-100.
    By the way.. My cck doesn't have the actual word wifi or "w" on it.   Is there a special cck-w?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    
    peds48

no, that is just our terminology.  but on the bottom of it, it should day "DECA wireless" or something to that effect.

try doing the steps on post #10 on the HR24 while the CCK-W is connected inline with your H25

dcd

My CCK-W is labeled:  "DIRECTV Cinema Connection Kit, DCAW1R0-01".  Our shorthand represents Cinema Connection Kit - Wireless, CCK-W.

grim944

One simple way to tell the difference is the wireless does not have a threaded connection for a coax on the back of it. The hard wired does. 

dcd

Actually, the wireless CCK-W has two coax connection ports.  The DECA-BB hard wired has but one.

http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?p=cck-w&d=directv-cck-w-wireless-deca-cinema-connection-kit-(cck-w)

peds48

One simple way to tell the difference is the wireless does not have a threaded connection for a coax on the back of it. The hard wired does. 

not quite.  see picture on post #10.  as dcd stated, the CCK-W has two F connectors.