11 Replies Latest reply: Jun 5, 2013 6:48 PM by peds48 RSS

Can't find server

dguerrero

Whole home dvr has worked great for the 6 or so months we've had it. However, we swapped tvs in a room that is the line actually connected to the Internet. Since hooking it back up, that tv can't find server.  Very possible we hooked it back up wrong, but we're not sure where it's wrong.

• Re: Can't find server
    litzdog911

What model DVRs and Receivers do you have?

Have you tried resetting all of your DVRs and Receivers?

dguerrero
    HR34-700 and C31-700. Yes I've reset them all and that didn't change anything.                                                                                                                                                                                   
    peds48

you cannot connect any of the directv receivers to the cable that is proving your cable internet .  you must run a new cable from the SWM splitter.  DirecTV can do this for you for $50.00

dguerrero
    Everything worked before I swapped out tvs. I may have plugged something in wrong. Just not sure exactly how it's supposed to be.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
    litzdog911

Tell us exactly how you have it all connected and we can let you know what's wrong.  You have to be our eyes.

dguerrero
    The cable running from the wall is plugged into one side of the "connected home adapter". The other side has an Ethernet wire plugged into the router and a cable going to the "in" side of the SWM 2 way splitter. That has 2 "out" lines. The one on the left is connected to the DC to RF adapter. The one on the right is plugged into the C31 receiver.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
    dguerrero
    Oh and the cable that is running from the wall that I mentioned is the one that was installed by Directv.                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
    dcd
    Quote:    Originally Posted by dguerrero 
    The cable running from the wall is plugged into one side of the "connected home adapter". The other side has an Ethernet wire plugged into the router and a cable going to the "in" side of the SWM 2 way splitter. That has 2 "out" lines. The one on the left is connected to the DC to RF adapter. The one on the right is plugged into the C31 receiver.

If you'd post back the model numbers from the two underlined items it would help us visualize your setup

dguerrero
    The connected home adapter is DCA2SR0-18 and the DC to RF adapter is DCFR0-01.                                                                                                                                                                                   
    jvance78

At the onscreen Network Setup under advance setup it has default IP settings 169.x.y.z something which is outside the range of a home network of 192.168.1.y.  So u need to enter the 4 lines of ip addresses; server, gateway, dns and subnet mask.  Depending on how many wireless devices you have you'll want to be sure the server ip (last value) does not conflict with any other wireless device.  I gave mine 192.168.1.20  (20 is high enough for my use.).   Also throw away the short ethernet cable that came with the kit.  I know the guide and onscreen instructions say connect it from dcck to dvr. But it wont work if u do.

Jack

peds48
    Quote:    Originally Posted by jvance78 

Also throw away the short ethernet cable that came with the kit.  I know the guide and onscreen instructions say connect it from dcck to dvr. But it wont work if u do.

Jack

you are referring to the wireless CCK and the OP has a WIRED CCK, which connect to the router via Ethernet cable