9 Replies Latest reply: Jun 6, 2013 7:16 PM by peds48 RSS

New Installation on Genie Go

cfranklin

Technician installed genie go on Friday, has not worked as of yet. The supervisor and I stayed on phone with technical support, all afternoon Friday, Monday, and they suggested replacing the device. Technican brought new genie go today, 4 hours of being on the phone, still does not work.

I have fiber optic ATT UVerse internet modem with over 100 MBPS, new install on HD dvr 44 receiver, customer service, ISS, ISS supervisor could not wipe old serial number off my account and said an email had to go to engineering to get my account updated to new replacement device serial number XAM1A1109A4079. I get error messages that nomad could not activate device, call the 1800 # which got me customer no service.

I saw on another post on here that the only way another user got it to work was to plug the ethernet into the HD44 reciever even though everywhere else it says that the receiver should work wirelessly. WE have restored factory defaults 8 times, check connectivy to internet, made sure settings for all 3 were checked to allow for external devices, reinstalled nomad software on pc, iphone 5, and ipdad mini and still nothing.

We tried to download a 1 minute program and it gets stuck on waiting to prepare status and am unable to watch now, it gets stuck on optimizing video quality, and will not progress beyond that. I talked to case management and emails have been sent to engineering. I have brand new modem from ATT and the fastest internet you can buy.

I dont understand why it takes 24 hours for customer service to remove the old serial number from my account and add the new serial number of the replacement unit to my account. Ready to switch to dish network sling as I have had enough of 4 days and no help.

I plugged the ethernet straight to the genie receiver new 44 series and now it is at least recognizing the programs available on the dvr, but for a one minute recorded program, it has been stuck on waiting to prepare for over an hour. I get the error 8-72-0 that my hd receiver is busy and unable to support streaming. Same error message yesterday on old genie go. I wonder if there is a software issue with the HD44 receiver and not the genie go device? The receiver is not recording a new show or doing anything..

Help or the equipment is going in a landfill somewhere.

I travel for my job and would like to get equipement to work.

The installer says this is their first install in the Atlanta, GA area and has failed. He and the supervisor have provided best service possible, but technical support and engineering not so much....

• Re: New Installation on Genie Go
    peds48

I would try to disable any firewalls in your router first.

purzlikeacat
    I hope this section isn't only for help for others problems because I'm confused just READING this post!  I use an iPad ONE and cannot find any app to use with the Genie Go that I purchased & received a month or so ago.  Does this post mean that the Genie Go, in practice, doesn't work & was advertised & sold to people/companies way before DirecTv should have done so?  Can ANYONE help me with my install issue(s)?  Let me apologize in advance.  I've been out of the work force for 8+ years so I'm no longer as computer/software savey as I use to be.  Thank you!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
    cfranklin

TO: Purzlikeacat:

This is another detail that Directv does not tell anyone on the website and literature in the box. On your iapps icon, on the pad at top search for app under iphone app not under ipad apps for directv nomad app. They have not released an ipad app, but you can download the nomad app under iphone apps on the ipad. Also the app name is not genie go it is nomad for both iphone and ipad even though the owners manual says the name of the app is genie go. You must set it up on a pc first.

You have to disable firewalls, but I still cant get it to download. My case has been sent to engineering.

cfranklin

I disabled the firewall settings on the router and still no success. 3 more hours with technical support and I cant stream or download content. It shows error 8-72-0. I do agree it is a setting with the modem that is blocking it. My pc downloads the content on the dvr so it is communicating, but can;t get beyonnd waiting to prepare...

Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it....

yasatr

I would try power cycling your dvr and geniego 

cfranklin

3 more hours on with case management; unplugged rebooted and reinstalled all apps. No luck as of yet. Does anyone out there have ATT Uverse modem 2wire551 3801 HGV modem who has had success with genie go? When you disable the firewall, does it work?  I dont think customer service ever activated the replacement genie go box. I give up.....

yasatr

are you still seeing program stuck in waiting to prepare?  can you successfully connect to your hd44 receiver with an other stb client to playback the same content that is stuck in prepare?

cfranklin
    FINALLY we have success. You have to work with your Internet service provider to go to routers website and follow steps to disable firewall for the nomad. I am fairly technically savvy and it was not that easy.
    Anyone with AT&T inverse 2 wire 551 model 3501 HFCs modems, go I 2 wife's website, click in device details, click LAN tab and then click on IP address allocation and click disable firewall for nomad.
    We also set up a configuration for port 8200 and 8300 to disable the firewall and allow port forwarding. Not sure if both steps are indeed needed, but it is now working. Takes about 1.5 hrs to prepare and download a 1 hr program; so just going to do downloads on iPad mini overnight.
    Anyone using a laptop could have issues with antivirus software also. None if this info is anywhere on the directv website, or support center, or owners manual.
    I was a guinea pig for Atlanta area. Good luck all and it is cool if you can get it setup correctly. Looking forward to flying Monday with DVD shows to watching my iPad!!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
    peds48
    Quote:    Originally Posted by cfranklin 
     to go to routers website and follow steps to disable firewall for the nomad. 

yep, just like I suspected an advised on post #2

Awesome.  Thanks for the update.