5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 18, 2013 8:00 AM by ramblinrod RSS

swm splitter

pebaugh

I have a client with a C31 RVU and the client wants to add another c31 onto the same coax feed since they want to add another tv in that area.  How is this done?  There is no good way to run another coax to this location.  

• Re: swm splitter
    peds48

as long as the first splitter is not 8 way, you can use a 2 way SWM splitter

spionnadh

What difference does the first splitter make? Every splitter with the exception of SWM 16, EVERY splitter handles 8 tuners. SWM2 SWM4 and SWM 8. All you have to worry about in this situation because it is a C31 (Genie clients don't use tunes) is how many C31's are on the system? Remember that only 3 C31's can be actively receiving commands from the HR34 at a time. 

As long as your db count doesn't drop off the table you could have as many SWM splitters in a system as you want. It would also be helpful NOT to have the power inserter in line with the HR34

bufmufr

Having your first splitter an 8 way makes a huge db hit.  You should never split, even 2 way, after 8 way.

Have I done it?  Yes.

Can it work?  Yes.

Does it work very well?  No..(and sometimes not very very well)

Specially when you add in cable run lengths...barrels and everything else.

I try to never use 8 way if I have the choice.

peds48
    Quote:    Originally Posted by spionnadh 

What difference does the first splitter make? Every splitterwith the exception of SWM 16, EVERY splitter handles 8 tuners. SWM2 SWM4 and SWM 8. A

As long as your db count doesn't drop off the table you could have as many SWM splitters in a system as you want.

Wow, really???? enough said.......

I got no words when someone post stuff like this.

ramblinrod

Don't use swm8's unless absolutely necessary.  Don't be that guy