7 Replies Latest reply: Sep 20, 2013 9:05 AM by fedup1942 RSS

Cannot Forward or Rewind on Nomad Media Player

desmoineshusker

I have the Genie with GenieGo.  I downloaded the GenieGo (Nomad) software for my Windows 8 Desktop PC.  I can watch all my shows on the Genie receiver from my PC, but all the buttons to fast forward or rewind are grayed out when the media players is showing the recording.  There also is no slider bar showing the progress of the show.  The only navigation buttons I have available are the play and pause buttons.

Can anyone provide assistance on this issue?  Thank you.

• Re: Cannot Forward or Rewind on Nomad Media Player
    dcd

My GenieGO playback exhibits the same problems.  I'd assume this is a bug in the new software and I'll report it to Directv.

fedup1942

This problem still exists.  I just downloaded/purchased GenieGo per dcd's suggestion on my DirecTV2PC problem.  I can't say I'm a happy camper if this is what I'm stuck with.

dcd

You're mistaken, the "problem" has been fixed.  In the control panel at the bottom of the playback screen there are jump ahead and jump back links. (not sure the size of the jumps, likely 15 or 30 seconds)   But, probably more useful is the round silver disc adjacent to the right jump ahead.  That is the playback slider and you can click and drag that anywhere in the program you like, including bypassing commercials.

You need to have a bit more faith.  Rather than seek assistance you concluded that "I can't say I'm a happy camper".

peds48

is not a problem.  you need to download the show if you want to use trick play

fedup1942

I spent 45 minutes on the phone last evening on 2 calls (dis-connected on a transfer and had to call back) to tech support and talked to 4 people in an attempt to resolve this 'problem'.  I was finally told they had to do more research and call me back.  I was watching a recording program and the 'trick play' buttons were grayed out and there was no ability to move the slider.  The return call (thank you) informed me the 'trick play' buttons were not available 'when streaming'.  A subsequent email response said the same thing.  When I searched the downloaded manual, I could find no information describing that limitation. 

The impression I got regarding the GeneGo was that I would have the same viewing abilities I have with my DVR.  Apparently I made an incorrect assumption.

dcd

Did you read my post of 8:11 AM this morning?

fedup1942

Do you mean the one that I see as posted 5:11?  Yes.  And as I stated, no buttons - fast forward, forward, reverse, fast reverse or the slider are available while 'streaming'.  The quote from the email response 'Please note that when streaming, only the Play and Pause buttons are available. ' confirms that point.

Per the manual, page 9 'Streaming is the process of instantly delivering content on your computer or mobile device for immediate viewing.'  Streaming was defined by one of the techs during my phone conversations as 'not being downloaded onto the viewing computer' which is something I have not done.  Actually, after the program has completed its recording, the above mentioned buttons and slider do function.  It is only when you are viewing a currently recording program, that the buttons do not function.

To be fair, apparently there are 2 versions of 'streaming', both of which mean the program has not been downloaded to the viewing computer/laptop. 

1. A completed program - the buttons and slider function.
        2. A recording program - the button and slider do not function.