17 Replies Latest reply: Jul 12, 2013 4:35 PM by looper RSS

H24-100 setup issue

wfroehlich

I recently upgraded my HD dish to a 3 LNB SMW dish. After re-setting up the H24 to setting 17 / SMW, the dish receiver worked great. I had to remove the filter and all worked well. I have an older 3LNB Slimline (non-SMW) HD dish on my garage that I tried to reconfigure the H24 back to it's original setup (setting 3 / multiswitch) and receive an error that there is no signal received from the satellite dish. I have checked all connections and reset the H24 multiple times with no luck.  I tried another H24 box which worked with no issues. I know that the SMW required an external power source and am not sure if this "tweaked" something in the H24 so that you can not use it on a non-SMW system?

My question is that if you configure a H24 to work with an SMW HD dish, can you go back to a non-SMW dish?

• Re: H24-100 setup issue
    peds48

You need to repeat the satellite set up .  Once there make sure to change the switch type FIRST to multiswitch and then change the dish type

wfroehlich

Thanks for the quick response. Said to say - it won't let me. When the receiver is setup for 17 / SMW, the box for SMW and multiswitch - I can not access. I need to change a non-SMW setting before I get access to the multiswitch or SMW options. This is why I have to go to 3, then flip the option from SMW to multiswitch.

When it error's out, and I turn the unit off or reboot the unit, it reverts back to 17 / SMW.

peds48
      in order for the new settings to "take" you must have a working dish
        wfroehlich

This is a functional system as I have 4 other TV's in other rooms working fine off the non-SMW dish.

dcd

It just occurred to me that if you currently have "4 other TV's" connected to the non SWM dish, and if each of the 4 TV's have a Directv receiver connected, then the coax feeding the receiver you're having all the trouble setting up is not connected to the dish and is thus not getting a signal.  Why you ask?  Because the non SWM dish only has 4 coax connections and if you're using all 4 already there is none available for the problem receiver.

wfroehlich

dcd - the satellite system I currently have will support up to 8 TV's. The receiver that I am having trouble with was originally connected in this room and worked fine for the last 2+ years. The way direct tv connected the system the 4 cables from the LMB go into a larger splitter with 4 inputs - 8 outputs.

dcd

When connected to a SWM dish the setup will revert to SWM as you've discovered.  Connect the receiver to the non SWM dish, then make the dish type change to Multiswitch.  As previously posted, the box must be connected to the correct dish in order for the changes you make to "stick".

wfroehlich

Do understand and when I do select 3 / multiswitch - it errors out stating that it could not receive a satellite signal. I have tried every one of the "non" SMW settings with no luck. As stated before, I can connect another H24-100 from another bedroom to this direct TV connection and it works correctly.

Is there anyway to configure the box as if it was never connected to a system like it was brand new?

shannon01

And you need to put the BCC back on to get HD.

looper

You have to change to multiswitch before selecting dish type -while connected to the non swim dish

wfroehlich

"HD" - this is not possible as I stated in a previous reply - the "17" setting is only a SMW and to change to a multiswitch - I need to change to another "non-SMW" setting.

looper

Have you tried to do it the way I and Peds48 said??-works for me ??

All I can suggest if it doesn't work is to default all settings in receiver and start set up over!??

wfroehlich

Hey ******,

Can you help me understand when you referenced "setting the receiver back to default settings"? Not sure about how to do this as I have always gone back thru re-setup satellite dish section of the menu.

Thanks

looper

menue>settings & help>Settings>Reset>Reset everything

wfroehlich

****** - tried what you recommended and still no go. After the reformatting and initial setup when I went back into setting up the dish, it was still on setting 17 / SMW. Changed the to Multiswich and setting 3 and no satellite signal found. I am stubbed as I have other TV's that work using these settings.

looper

I dont know what to say-It is a known problem to change it -usually changes after a few tries

I am stumped too!!