7 Replies Latest reply: Jul 19, 2013 5:31 AM by softballwiz04 RSS

Problem with Genie and HD DVR

softballwiz04

I just upgraded to the new Genie and I kept my HD DVR HR 24-200 just moved it to the living room.  And I am recording shows on the Genie but the shows that record on the genie will not play on the HD DVR I get the message with the red circle saying too many recordings being watched on playlist-MB.  I have whole home, but the recording are not playing back on the HD DVR, I have tried resetting both receivers and still have the same problem.  Any suggestions?  Thank you

• Re: Problem with Genie and HD DVR
    3reddogs3

Do you have "Share Playlist" set to YES?   (Menu ==> Settings ==> Whole Home ==> Share Playlist)

peds48

Do you have any clients?  aka mini Genies?

The Genie can only stream to up to 3 devices at the same time, this includes clients as well

ezh

I have the same "too many recordings being watched on..." message also, but I don't have a Genie; I have two HD DVRs. I get this message every so often, mostly I get the one telling me the receiver in the other room has been disconnected from the network. Doesn't sound like it's exclusive to Genie.

I've perused a few posts here looking for answers to my problem, only to discover quite a few have the same problem and it seems to not be related to Genie only or HD DVR only.

softballwiz04

I was on the phone with technical support all day yesterday they told me that the Genie was functioning properly, it's because I have three genie mini clients that I did not want and so I cannot record more than one show at a time on the genie and now I can't get the standard boxes back that I had in the three extra rooms. No one told me that it would be that way if I had the three clients that I didn't want in the first place.  So I will be changing my cable service this weekend since Directv does not want to fix this problem. 

peds48

Just like I suspected.  Perhaps you can "upgrade" one of the clients to an HD reciever

softballwiz04

I just did the upgrade to the Genie with the clients and they won't let me swap them out for anything not even the standard receivers.  It's ridiculous, they should have told me that the clients would screw up the recording capacity of the genie and now they won't take responsibility for the problem.