9 Replies Latest reply: Dec 3, 2014 1:29 PM by coachbulldog RSS

ABC Live Ipad Application

benr

There is a new application on my iPad for ABC.  It is called ABC live.  If one has a list of providers for example Charter or Uverse they can watch the programs anywhere.  Why is DirecTV not on the list of providers?  It seems silly when certain cable providers or ATT can be viewed.

• Re: ABC Live Ipad Application
    dcd

Here's a quote from the announcement,  be patient.

"Transmitting television via live stream requires new deals with traditional distributors, like Comcast, DirecTV and Verizon FiOS, and with the owners of ABC’s affiliates. Gaining Hearst’s backing ahead of Tuesday’s upfront was important to ABC because it lent some local support to the app effort."

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/13/business/media/abc-to-let-app-users-live-stream-local-programming.html?_r=0

curioust

I've also been wondering why I can't view WATCH ABC and FOXNOW (It all started when I couldn't watch Scandal and then MasterChef  ). I mean these are local channels... It doesn't make any sense at all. I contacted Directv and spoke with a lady who told me that it's not offered on the Directv app (dont know why it would be) and that she would escalate my call to the next department.  Hopefully they'll be able to breakdown the process for me because I truly don't understand.

acopeland33

Apps and even online streaming continues to grow yet DirectTV is not there!  I want to watch the British Open on Watchespn today but must log in with my TV provider.  Every service under the sun is listed except Directv.  This including apps such as ABC, FX NOW, FOX NOW, AMC, etc, etc. etc.  Directv is on NONE!  I'm going to give it a few more months and if nothing happens....I'm gone. 

peds48

you are right, I totally missed that!

coachbulldog
    "This including apps such as ABC, FX NOW, FOX NOW, AMC, etc, etc. etc.  Directv is on NONE!"

I know this is an old thread, but the issue remains the same. In addition to the apps listed above, Directv also does not support Watch ESPN, Watch Disney, Watch Disney Junior, Watch Disney XD, and FOXSportsGo. As television is moving more toward consumers watching on mobile devices, Directv falls farther and farther behind the competition. I've been a loyal customer for 12 years and, for the first time since I came to Directv, I am seriously considering changing providers.