11 Replies Latest reply: Aug 9, 2013 5:34 AM by joed32 RSS

Now NFL Network is down

shorawitz

Ok folks.  I dropped FiOS so I could get the NFL package only to learn that I was losing the NFL RedZone.  So not only am I paying more for Sunday Ticket, it doesn't include what I already had w/FiOS.

Now DirecTV says the NFL Network is down "Nation-side".  I just checked w/my mother-in-law (who is still a FiOS customer) and the NFL Network is NOT down nationwide.  It is only down for DirecTV.

I never had a problem w/FiOS for the 3 years I was w/them.  Now I've had 2 issues in 2 weeks w/DirecTV.  #1 in satisfaction my eye!

• Re: Now NFL Network is down
    sjpell

I just spent an aggravating 30 minutes on the phone - after following the error message from Directv and trying to go online and reauthorize my receiver, and then to take the painstaking 15 minutes to reset my receiver.  All this to finally find out that the NFL network coverage changed to the Charger/Seahawk game which was blacked out because it was on the local network here.  Instead of a message saying the game was blacked out, we got a ridiculous wild goose chase telling us we were no longer authorized for the channel.

It took the phone help 30 minutes to figure it out as well.

This hopefully won't happen when I'm trying to watch football on the NFL package.

marvista

Just got screwed with the same problem

I want to ask DTV why they can't correct the guide to show that the NFL channel will be blacked out?  Or ever better, figure out that if I wanted to record the game and its on another channel that is not blacked out, just record it for me.

And to sjpell, yes it WILL happen to you when trying to watch the NFL package.  I gave up on the NFL package for exactly that reason - seemed like every week there was some other reason why the game I had wanted to record was not recorded because something was blacked out, changed at the last minute, switched channels, whatever.

One would think that that is a fixable problem, but obviously DTV does not care.  Maybe if they realized they could sell more NFL packages, someone would fix this in a nanosecond.

bradb4ku

thanks sjpell, I was on the road to the 30 minute phone call until I saw your post.  I live in LA and this is a black out from San Diego?  Awesome and why don't you say it's a blackout instead of telling me I don't get this channel or something is messed up and I have to spend an hour trying to fix it and will get ****** in the end?

bgolly

First off, you didn't lose Redzone.  It is included with Sunday ticket max, if you got it?  If not get it.  NFL Network is down for us too, it is not a blackout.  Let's hope this doesn't happen when the real games start!!!

shorawitz

First off, I DID lose the RedZone.  It was only $50 when I was w/FiOS.  I paid $135 for Sunday Ticket and no RedZone.  Why should I pay another $75 for one channel?

My point was, FiOS did NOT lose NFL Network.  DirecTV phone support told me THEY were Blacked Out.  And it BETTER NOT happen during the season.

bgolly

Right, it was $50 with FIOS but you had no Sunday Ticket.  Now you have Sunday Ticket, and Redzone, the original Redzone.  If you switched to Dtv for NFL?  Then you must have switched for Sunday Ticket?  You paid $50 for ONLY RZ...

sjpell

Yes, I was told it was a blackout, although it took them a while to figure it out.  The customer service lady kept reciting things from her script, but finally said she got word it was a blackout and they put the wrong error message on the screen.  As soon as the game was over I got the NFL Channel back.

bgolly

I stand corrected on the blackout.  I was on the phone with them too and they just admitted the same thing, AFTER they told me they lost the feed.  Truth is tough for them I guess...

sjpell

Actually, I think they have no idea so they just give you a random reason.

joed32

Here in SoCal the Oakland vs San Diego game was showing on another channel but instead of the usual search for the game on another channel that you get with Sunday Ticket the screen showed that you are not authorized for this channel. They could have just said "Check your local channels". I too spent 30 minutes on hold needlessly only to have them tell me what channel to tune to.