4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 9, 2013 5:52 AM by dcd RSS

How to see upcoming shows in series?

vegasfoster

Hi,

So I've added a few shows to the Series Manager by pressing record twice in the Guide, but when I look at Upcoming Episodes for the series or look at the Guide or look at the To Do List, it does not show that future episodes are going to be recorded.  It is only showing Rs next to the original episode where I created the Series.  Shouldn't there be little Rs next to the future shows and shouldn't the futures shows be included in the To Do List or is something wrong? 

If there aren't Rs next to the future shows then how am I supposed to know which episodes are going to be recorded or not?  I have also tried creating series where Both new and repeats are being recorded, and still have the same issue.  I have also tried creating the series the long way using the menu system, and still have the same issue.

Thank you for any help.

• Re: How to see upcoming shows in series?
    shannon01

First thing to try is a red button reset behind the access card door.

dcd

When you create a series the "to do" list is not immediately populated.  Sometimes it is never fully populated but the series records anyway.  The series manager is very reliable and I'd urge you to let it do it's thing.  Keep in mind that there aren't too many first run programs right now so your setups for first run will only record the initial program. (it always records the next showing after set up.)

As an aside, I always press "select" and set up the series using the menu rather than the press record twice.  The reason?  If you happen to press record twice on a program that you have already set up it will mess up your settings.

vegasfoster

Ok, so it's the next day and now the to do list is populated.  I guess it crunches the numbers in the background and not in real time.  I have to say I find that REALLY annoying, but so far that's the only annoying thing so I guess I can live with it.  Pretty much everything else is a considerable improvement over my previous Dish setup.  Thanks for the feedback.

dcd

You're welcome.  Note that there are a number of things Directv runs in the background so as to keep the processor readily available to run real time chores.  I'd wager (if you're like me) that you'll seldom look at the to do list after you gain confidence in the system.