10 Replies Latest reply: Aug 22, 2013 3:20 PM by jbmurphy1 RSS

On Demand???????

jbmurphy1

When I try to download a show from the On Demand List it always says Contact DTV if you would like to subscribe to that channel. It does it for all channels not just the pay channels like Showtime. What would cause this?

• Re: On Demand???????
    peds48

are you subscribe to the channels you are trying to download from?

In order to download from any channel, you MUST be subscribed to its satellite channel

peds48

then give it sometime.  it takes approx. 24 hours for this stuff to become available

jkimrey

I had service installed on Sunday and I'm still receiving the "Call to subscribe to this channel" when I try to watch VOD.

I called DTV and after repeated tries, I was told that this was a known issue that the technicians were working on.

dcd

I don't know of any "known issue".  Press the dash button on your DVR's remote.  Does it indicate Internet connected?  If so, open your guide to channel 1239 and download a music program.  If that works, you're connected to VOD.

jbmurphy1

It works on that but on others it says you are not subscribed to this channel although i am i have the premier package and it wont let me download shows off of even history channel

dcd

How long have you been connected?  If less that 48 hours wait a bit and see if this kicks in.  If not you can try renewing your authorizations at www.directv.com/resend

If that doesn't help and the appropriate time has passed, it would indicate that your account didn't get properly registered with all of the On Demand servers.  If you go online and sign into your Directv account and change your password, wait a few hours and change it back, then wait a few hours, hopefully a fresh authorization will reach all of the appropriate servers.

jkimrey

As mentioned, I had DTV installed on Sunday, and haven't been able to use On Demand yet - each attempt gives me the 'to add this channel' message.

I tried multiple calls to CS; after about 20 mins of having a rep. tell me that the channels did not offer On Demand (even though they were showing as 'showcase' channels on my TV), the rep put me on hold and spoke to a supervisor.

After about 5 mins, he came back and said this was a known issue.  He read the bulletin about the issue to me and suggested I try again in several days.

Unfortunately it's still not working.

I tried all of the suggestions mentioned (thank you), but still no On Demand.

Very frustrating.

jbmurphy1

Just got off the phone told me i had no internet and then i convinced him i did then told me it was a known issue then tried something from his end to my reciever an fixed it works good now