5 Replies Latest reply: Aug 26, 2013 3:23 PM by peds48 RSS

On Demand Issues

troygt

I'm a new subscriber and have the HR44-200 Genie receiver.  The service is awesome, recordings work great, the box is actively connected to the internet with no problems, apps works, etc. Everything works great, with exception to the On Demand channels. None of them work, except Showtime On Demand.  I can access each channel, see all of the listings on each, even view movie trailers from any On Demand channel... but when I select something to watch it pops up a message saying that I should call DirecTV to activate that channel.  I had a tech come out yesterday who ran diagnostics and checked my entire setup out, great guy, very thorough, but says he has never seen anything like it.  I have a single Genie, with 3 Genie-minis in my house. I'm connected to Time Warner cable with a 20Mbps data connection. We have 2 xbox consoles, iPhones, laptops, and all of them work great with no issues.  I have reset my network connection, re-authorized my service, the tech installed the latest software release on the Genie... but nothing brings my OnDemand channels up.  Anyone had a problem like this?  I'm really stumped and so is support.

• Re: On Demand Issues
    peds48

This is a DirecTV "head end" issue.  I suggest you call DirecTV and have them delete and add again the "on demand" line item.  see if that helps

mdowns1978

I've been having this same issue as well. New subscriber, last Tuesday, and everything was working fine within 24 hours. On Demand was awesome. Then all of a sudden, any time I  try to watch a show on On Demand, premium channels or regular, I get the same notice "If you'd like to subscribe...". I've called 2 times and they are telling me that something is up with the last update that the boxes had. Not a very good start for a new customer. Would you recommend I do the same as troygt even with this happening on EVERY On Demand channel?

troygt

peds48... you were right!  Called Directv... insisted that they remove each On Demand channel on my account and manually re-add it again. They did... and one at a time... began to work correctly.  Thanks for the tip peds48... hope this helps someone else down the road. The key symptom on my issue was that all On Demand channels worked until I tried to actually Watch something. Immediately a box would open "If you wish to subscribe call xxx". Something must have happened during my install that didn't properly register my box with the On Demand servers.

peds48

Awesome.  Thanks for the update. Glad I could help

If you think your question was resolved, please mark the question as answered. Thanks!