14 Replies Latest reply: Aug 29, 2013 8:56 AM by peds48 RSS

Cannot access apps

szyay

I'm having the same exact issues as many other people, and it's really disheartening to see that everyone has been dealing with this same thing for quite some time. I can login into my DirectTV account with no problem, but i cannot login to the DirectTV app or Showtime. The service agent told me on the phone today (of course) that I would be able to login in immediately. I haven't had my installation appointment yet, but he said I would be able to start using the apps right away. It says "Email or password are incorrect" or "Incorrect email/password combination." I tried the same as everyone else- change my password etc. I'm scared to call because I think I'm going to get the runaround with no results like everyone else. Now that I see the forum, I can't believe this exact issue has been going on for so long. I am going to cancel my membership before it even starts if nothing has changed. Has anyone had success? This is the entire reason I switched, and it's definitely not worth it if this doesn't work. Can ANY of these cable companies get it together?

• Re: Cannot access apps
    peds48

You are NOT having the same problem.  You need to have a DirecTV account active FIRST before you can start using ANY DirecTV services

szyay

So you're saying the customer service agent just completely lied several times when he went out of his way to say I could begin using all of these things immediately? Where is your info coming from so I can verify, peds48? Do you work for the company? If it is the case that you're correct (not doubting you, just getting conflicting info), I guess I don't want to be with a company that either lies for no reason to their customers or is so disorganized and uninformed that they don't know how their own stuff works. It sounds like a lot of people have been getting the same misinformation, so it's just weird. I'm not going to wait until after it's installed and I'm locked in for two years to find out that it still doesn't work when I was told it worked immediately. Also, why would that specific error message come up saying my login is invalid when it works on the website? It seems like it would be a more accurate error message. It doesn't even recognize me at the outset.

So has everyone else who has had this problem has had it resolved? I'd love to hear from you if you are in a similar spot and either had it resolved once you actually got service or were told the same misinformation and it still did not get fixed. Does everyone agree your service has to be installed in order to have any access to the apps?

peds48
        The problem you are referring to was an outage that has been since fixed.  Don't you think it makes sense to have an active account BEOFORE you can use their services? otherwise many folks could just call so that they get "free" services.  Perhaps the CSR was not lying but misinformed 
          szyay

I paid and everything and have the date set for installation and was ready

to go, so no, it didn't seem that crazy since the guy said so. I wouldn't

have expected it, but if a company goes out of there way to tell me

something, I believe them until I have a reason not to. Also since it's

just connected to my account which was working on the website, it seemed

plausible and likely that what I was told was true. That setup process with

the agent took about an hour and I got my emails with my package etc. I

can't imagine anyone paying the deposit and going through all of that just

to get temp access.

peds48
            if you set up your appointmet for 30 days outs then you cancel, then it would make sense, wouldn't it?  
              szyay

I see what you are saying, but it is unethical for them to tell new

customers that if that is not the case. I wouldn't have expected to get

those features right away, but since they went out of their way to let me

know I did, I believed them. Also, I spoke with another guy today from

DirecTV and he said some people's do work right away, and some people's

don't, and he does not know why that happens. So it is incorrect to say

everyone has to wait until it is installed, since it is only true for some

people. This is where the confusion seems to lie. I just wish they would

clarify that at the beginning and make sure their service agents know.

peds48

This does not work for anybody that does not have an ACTIVE DirecTV account. 

szyay

Do you work for them? Maybe communicate to your friend who does that they are giving out misinformation left and right and it makes them look inconsistent and incompetent.

Sent from my iPad

peds48

szyay wrote:

Do you work for them?

It does not matter.  I am giving you unbiased information

szyay

I'm not disagreeing with you! I'm just saying it's unfortunate and a

turn-off. I thought you said you have a friend who works for them so I

thought you could pass along the info, that's all.

dcd

It's obvious that you got some bogus info at the outset, but the fact is, you need an activated account (equipment installed and working) before your account name and password begins to cascade through the Directv system.  Even then it can take a few days for all of the servers to recognize you.

No need to debate who told who what as we can't control that but the info that Peds48 has supplied is factual.

peds48

Is sad that some CSRs are not up to speed when it comes down to product knowledge, this is why is recommended to come here first if you ever have any technical questions.

While I know people at DirecTV, this is an battle impossible to win as some many people sell DirecTV services.  and to be honest, a salesman is salesman, even though I don't necessarily agree with their sales tactics

bigmark0272

There is a known issue going on with the 3rd party apps and account sync. As far as your directv app what device are you using and which app version.