A lot of questions and you're looking for a complete education in Directv technology. I'll answer the basics:
- A The SWM device is a power inserter designed to power the SWM Multiswitch. The one for a dish is 21v and the one for a SWM16 external Multiswitch is 29v.
- B That would be a dish type SWM and the signal is in fact split to each receiver, a maximum of 8 tuners can be serviced.
- C A SWM 16 requires a conventional Slimline dish and all 4 coax from the dish feeds the SWM 16. Each of the two arms of the SWM16 can service up to 8 tuners, for a maximum of 16.
- D The SWM 16 can reside on the dish but I prefer an interior protected install.
- E The SWM 16 is an independent device and is not part of the LNB
- F Correct, but tuners are a different number than number of receivers. A receiver = 1, a DVR = 2 and a Genie = 5. So, a SWM dish could service one of each, but if you added anything the total would exceed 8 thus requiring a SWM16.
Thank you very much for the information!
On the side of my home is a SWM16 (SWM16R1-03). One cable runs to a 'Stand-Alone SWM8/SWM16 Module Only). The 'Power to SWM' connector runs back to the SWM16, I presume. While the 'Signal to IRD' connector runs to the HR23/700 in that room. There are no other SWM devices I'm aware of. We have two other HR23/700s, one HR21/200, and a Genie (HR34). The HR34 and one of the HR23/700s are on one splitter while the other DVRs are on their own splitter. Does this all sound proper?
Thank you again!
Yup, sounds right. Three DVR's = 6 tuners and one Genie plus a DVR = 7 tuners. The 775 error indicates problems "seeing"the dish. If it's present on all the receivers then I'd check that the power inserter had a viable AC power connection and then I'd check all the coax connections from the SWM16 back to the dish.
Thanks. Thought it was all OK. I've changed outlets, had the SWM off for over an hour, even just had one receiver powered up after unplugging and re-plugging-in the SWM. Either the power inserter, SWM16, or his cabling job is the culprit. The installer was really cocky about how great his work is. So I'm really looking forward to hearing what it is. Unfortunately, we're without TV for three days including final NFL preseason games. THAT *****.