7 Replies Latest reply: Aug 30, 2013 3:38 AM by dcd RSS

H23-600 internet problems

james132

I recently installed a h23 hd receiver and connected the receiver in tandem with my laptop in order to share the internet connection. The TV apps told me they were initializing and the weather widget worked as well.  The box updated software and now the weather doesn't work and when I try to open the apps by pressing the right arrow I get the error: "Interactive applications for this feature are currently unavaliable. Please try again later." How can I correct this?

• Re: H23-600 internet problems
    litzdog911

Press the remote's "Dash " button.  Does the Receiver echo "Internet connected"? 

TV Apps are a rather flaky feature, and it's not uncommon for them to go "down" from time to time.

Have you tried resetting the Receiver?

peds48

Just note that this is a poor way of connecting the DirecTV  receiver.  these receivers need a 24/7 reliable Internet connection

james132

The computer it is in tandem with is a backup web server that stays online 24/7 so as to monitor for a outage in the primary server. Therefore, this is a reliable internet connection. In fact, this connection is more reliable than my everyday activities internet connection as that modem is not connected to a backup system while the dedicated server connection has a battery bank that will run both the computer and modem for a week or more at a time. Even though in that situation I wouldn't be able to watch tv anyway without setting up the generator, it is indeed a more reliable connection.

peds48

Then why not connect the H23 to the switch/router?