10 Replies Latest reply: Sep 4, 2013 7:17 PM by peds48 RSS

C41W Some menus are in Spanish

seneca5boy

Has anyone experienced this…

On my new C41W-100 some of the menus are in Spanish ( i.e.
the video menu is all Spanish). Most are in English. The language is set to
English. I changed it to Spanish and back to English and did not fix the issue.
I haven’t tried to reset it yet, but that is my next step if no one has any
other ideas.

• Re: C41W La
    peds48

Yup, try a red button reset

seneca5boy

Thanks, I will try that tonight and let you know how it goes. Couple questions first...

1) I'm thinking that before the reset I should put the remote in IR mode, correct? Or, will the 41 default to RF?

2) Is the red button reset, a press and hold for a few seconds, or just a quick press?

Sent from my HTC One on the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network

peds48

just a quick press.  leave the remote alone

• Re: C41W Some menus are in Spanish
          seneca5boy

NOPE! Didn’t fix it. Are you sure that actually reset it? Didn’t seem to do anything more than a what a power cycle does. The reason I am saying that is because none of my resolutions, screen formats or anything went back to default, they all stayed as I had them set. Don’t you think I should us the “reset everything” in the menu?

peds48

to reset the C41 to factory defaults, press and hold the power button ( DirecTV logo) for 12 seconds.

seneca5boy

I’m kind of confused about something, my original post was asking if anyone knows how to fix this issue and you said yes, try a red button reset. Since that didn’t do it I need to know if you really have seen this issue before or your just guessing that a reset will fix it. I would really like to get a reply from someone who has had this issue and how they fixed it or did they have to get a replacement Mini from DT.

dcd

The red button reset is the first step in repairing an odd problem such as you're having.  It does not reset anything to default, it is akin to resetting a computer.  I guess the term "restart" would be a more apt term.

Note that this is a user to user self help forum and Peds48, along with several others of us, has been coming here for years in an attempt to help others.  Seldom do we "know for a fact" a certain action will fix a particular problem but our batting average isn't bad. 

seneca5boy

That did it – no more Spanish menus. It is important to note that this also resets the C41 back to IR. You will then need to reset the remote by pressing MUTE+SELECT at the same time, then enter 981, the LED will flash 4 times when done.

peds48

Yes, but is best to try smaller steps first.  is up to you.

peds48

Awesome.  Thanks for the update.

If you think your question was resolved, please mark the question as answered. Thanks!