11 Replies Latest reply: Sep 4, 2013 8:40 PM by peds48 RSS

hr24 whole home internet setup

tpac

I have a SWM setup and, after unhooking everything (receiver, power inserter, deca) and putting it back the way I thought it was supposed to go together, I have lost internet access. I can still use the whole home feature but I can't connect to the internet. I have two receivers in the house, one hr24/100 and one hr24/500. I have tried everything I know to do and even scoured the net but I can't come up with anything that suits my particular situation. There is only one splitter involved and it is SWM approved (green label). It is a 2 port splitter. Is there a specific diagram of how this setup should be connected? If you need any more info on my setup, please let me know what you need to know and I will gladly relay you that information. I am about to pull my hair out. Thanks in advance for your time.

• Re: hr24 whole home internet setup
    litzdog911

What model "deca" do you have?

Are there any ethernet cables connected to either of your HR24s?  There should not be.

tpac

I have the decabb1mbr0-01, the little black box. No cat 5 cables going to either receiver.

litzdog911

What do the status lights on your DECA show?

You  might try resetting your SWM system as follows:

1. Disconnect AC power from each DVR and Receiver

2. Disconnect power from the DECA BB Adapter (black or white DECA BB box)

3. Disconnect power from the SWM dish Power Inserter (do you know where yours is located)?

4. Disconnect then reconnect AC power on your home network gateway/router and modem.

5. Wait a few minutes for the router to reset

6. Re-power the DECA Broadband Adapter

7. Re-power the SWM Power Inserter.

8. Re-power each DVR and Receiver

Following that, press and hold the info button on one DVR, then select more system info.   Scroll down and check that Internet is listed as connected. 

tpac

Tried the reboot sequence you posted and had no luck, Just so I'm clear, where exactly should the splitter be in this setup? As I mentioned, it is a 2 port, SWM approved splitter. Right now I have it coming off of the 'signal to ird' side of the power inserter. One side of the split goes to the receiver and the other side goes to the decabb. Is this correct? I can't think of another way to incorporate it without adding another splitter.

dcd

A couple of points.  Where does the second DVR get it's coax feed?  And, did you run the DECA BB adapter to a spot near your router and connect the Ethernet jumper from the DECA BB to the router?

peds48

tpac wrote:

Right now I have it coming off of the 'signal to ird' side of the power inserter. One side of the split goes to the receiver and the other side goes to the decabb. Is this correct?

that sounds about right?

is the DVR working with this configuration?

Any LEDs on the DECA?  what color

tpac

OK I went under the house to view the wiring and was embarrassed to find a 4 way splitter. This reminded me that I actually have 2 more receivers beyond the two dvrs. Duh. They are not in use so I had completely forgotten about them. At any rate, one is a D12-100, not in use i.e. no TV hooked up to it and the other is a H25-100, not in use i.e. no TV plugged in to it. Having said that, there is one single coax coming into the house that goes into a 4 way SWM approved (green) splitter. The power pass port (out) goes to the power inserter. The other 3 ports go to the HR24-500, the D12-100, and the H25-100. The signal to IRD side of the power inserter has a short coax attached to it that goes to a 2 way splitter (SWM approved). The power pass side of the 2 way splitter goes to the the DECABB box, which is connected to my Uverse router. All lights are green, indicating some sort of communication I presume. The other side of the 2 way splitter goes to the satellite in 1 connector on the back of the HR24-100. Now here's the rub... all this worked before I took it apart and moved some furniture around. Unless, of course, I connected something incorrectly when I put it back together. My my this is frustrating.

peds48

that configuration sounds pretty good.  What is the error message that you are getting?

Press the DASH button on your DirecTV remote, does the pop up message indicates "Internet: Connected"?

junior73

Two things, Protection Plan and service call.... Get rid of your headache, sit back have an ice tea and watch the tech do the work...