11 Replies Latest reply: Oct 2, 2013 2:51 AM by dcd RSS

Stuck at "Waiting to Prepare" on only one program

krwehmeyer

I have a Nomad and HR24 connected directly to my Uverse router/WAP via hardwired Ethernet cables (can't get more simple than that).  I have an iPad and a PC app installed, and seem to be OK preparing and downloading programs.  I have ONE PROGRAM that I recorded on the DVR that can't be downloaded to either the PC or the iPad.  It starts preparing the content, then 60-90 seconds later the PC app does what looks like a screen refresh and the status changes to "Waiting to Prepare" and never recovers.  If there is another program scheduled to be encoded it is processed fine.  If no other program is scheduled to be encoded then it shows stuck at "Waiting to Prepare" for days.

If I attempt to stream the program directly I get a message that the DVR is busy and cannot handle the request.  I've read lots of this forum on similar issues, but not found one when only a single specific program would not encode.  I have run the gamut of 5-second / 30-second resets on the Nomad, rebooted the DVR, messed with the PC firewall settings, etc.

When I got to a point of stability where at least one program would encode and/or stream directly to both devices I left it alone, but this one program stored on my DVR just will not encode or stream.  I can play it back locally on the DVR through my TV set, so the recording is robust enough for local playback.

Any suggestions?  I'd like to avoid making similar DVR recordings if possible.

• Re: Stuck at "Waiting to Prepare" on only one program
    peds48

FYI, the Nomad will not stream or prepare PPV, VOD or special sport subscription games or events

tokarc

I'm having same problem with one program, sits on "Waiting To Prepare", but the rest of my recordings prepare/download fine. Came here to find an answer, but see there really isn't one. It happens to be Boardwalk Empire, Season 3, which I've recorded from HBO for 4 weeks straight; NOT via On Demand.  None of them will prepare.  What's the possibility that my normal recording of a program/series from HBO on-air programming isn't preparing because it is ALSO offered for viewing via HBO On Demand?

dcd

An interesting theory and possible is the folks that do the various coding got something wrong.  I don't have any Boardwalk Empire episodes to try, but I did have an episode of Longmire for A&E that I had on my Genie.  I checked to make sure it was available on the A&E On Demand channel (1265) and there is was, with it's green arrow.  I opened my GenieGO and clicked it to download and it immediately went into preparation.  My experience is that when you have a long "waiting to prepare" there is either an anomaly, or someone else has put something on auto prepare and the system will only do one at a time.

tokarc

I followed your lead dcd, and checked my On Demand listings for Boardwalk Empire.  And I also show the little green arrow for episodes 1 & 2 of Season 3 under the On Demand menu for HBO.  However, I have 4 episodes recorded so far (via on air schedule), and for #'s 3 & 4 it does not show the arrow. So I went back to the GenieGo app on my tablet, and unchecked the "Autodownload Series" feature, then started to once again attempt to prepare/download each episode individually.  The 4th episode is preparing now (1st one I chose), which to repeat didn't show up as an On Demand download on my DVR.  I'll respond with results for all in a few hours.

poohdude

I've got 9 "Burn Notice"'s and 6 "Wilfred"'s stuck on "Waiting to Download" and at least 50 broadcast TV shows that won't get past "Waiting to prepare" with plenty more I've yet to attempt; they just time-out and are dropped from the Download List.  Has anyone found a solution yet?

dcd

Are you aware that the GenieGO has a limit as to it's capacity and a time limit as to how long it will keep a program?  As I count, you have 65 programs lined up.  The App on the device you wish to download to must be up and running for any program to "download".  The programs are handled sequentially so if you get a improperly coded program "stuck" all the rest will be stuck as well.