9 Replies Latest reply: Sep 13, 2014 3:03 PM by itzaferg RSS

genie using 2 rf remotes.

fdelmo10

i just installed a new genie. I also distribute the signal to a second room. I used to just program a 2nd remote to work the in the second room. The genie receiver

• Re: genie using 2 rf remotes.
    peds48
    1. what model of receiver do you have. look for the model number inside the access card door.. 
    2. what model of remotes do you have. look for the model number on top left corner of remote 
    peds48

Yup, as litzdog911 mentioned, you need an RC71 in order to have RF.  you can however use the older remotes in IR.  the HR44 can be used with RF/IR at the same time

fdelmo10

Thanks,  I  need to rf remotes. The 1st one in my bedroom for my main tv which runs off the hdmi.

The second remote is for a tv I run off the genie using component. I do not want to carry the rc71 between the rooms. Can I get 2 rc 71 to work together  changing the genie whether I am in the bedroom or outside

Thanks , Frank

dcd

Yes, you can get two R71's.  What the guys were pointing out is you can use the RC64 set to IR in the room where the Genie is located and use the RC71 in RF in the room where the Genie is not.

fdelmo10

Thanks, I understood that point  My Genie is in a closet so that would not work for me.

I was told by my  installer that you could not get 2 rc71 remotes to work together. The rf code changes each time you go to add a remote rendering the 1st remote useless. I didn't really technically understand that so my reason for the post.

Thanks , Frank