16 Replies Latest reply: Jul 25, 2014 2:40 PM by litzdog911 RSS

Problems with Caller ID

frenchell

Receive caller ID when call comes in then approx. every 30 sec the entire time we are on the call  unavailable call comes on the tv screen and we have to hit ok to keep clearing it, what do we do?

• Re: Problems with Caller ID
    dcd

A red button (inside card door) reset may clear the problem, but caller ID is a problematic feature, particularly with any phone system other than the old fashioned analog.

jgm2626

I am having the same issue -- just had the Genie installed a few days back, works flawlessly except for the caller id issue with "unknown caller" popping up every 30 seconds after a call comes in.

It recognizes the original call but then it goes "unknown caller" crazy during the call -- it also fill ups the caller ID log and stops future caller id's from popping up until I clear the log.

Will try the red button reset tonight to see if it works.....

Caller ID has always been a problem with my DIRECTV Receivers -- 14 year subscriber and counting but they can't seem to nail down the caller ID feature for some reason...

bpmyers

Turn notifications off. Menu-Extras-Caller ID-Notifications-Select-Select-Off

bobbellbob

This issue is not resolved.  DirectTV on the telephone gives you a lot of double-speak about "call back in 30 days, it should be resolved".

litzdog911

Caller ID has always been a rather flaky feature on DirecTV's Receivers/DVRs.  Too many different types of phone systems.  And I don't it's a high priority feature for them.   Don't get your hopes up for any sort of "fix".

lhbaumann

About a year ago I added a H25 HiDef receiver. a few days later I noticed caller id didn't work.  I do have the maintenance support.  When call to DTV support couldn't get it working and they tried to say they couldn't replace it just for caller id I pointed out that they list caller id as a feature on their website on a chart that checks all their units that (are supposed to) support it and that I wanted it fixed.  They installed a new unit.  I just checked today (7/24/14) and the website still shows that feature.

litzdog911

Yes, it's a "feature".  But, like I said, it's a flaky feature.  I'm surprised they replaced your Receiver because of it.  Does the new Receivier's Caller ID work properly?  Was it also an H25 Receiver?

lhbaumann

Yes the new receiver is a H25.  I have one H25, two HR24-200's, one active and one retired HR20-700 all of which are or have been used with caller id.  After the original H25 was swapped out the caller id worked fine.  I will say though, recently caller id has become very flakey on all receivers currently in use and on the phones we have with caller id.. some times calls come in without triggering caller id display at all, other times caller id kicks off but without any identification information available (these wind up without making call log entries).  Since this is happening on caller id phones as well as all the DTV receivers I am suspecting likely phone company (ATT) issues rather than DTV.

Larry H. Baumann

LHBaumann@AOL.com