11 Replies Latest reply: Oct 9, 2013 10:55 AM by fshrmkmn RSS

Dexter

fshrmkmn

I am having problems getting to the Dexter episodes yesterday there were no seasons available and today all but season 8 is available.  Weird because season 8 was available 4 days ago.

Hmm... it looks like only one single random episode is available right now as I click this link:

https://www.directv.com/tv/Dexter-YWQzT1NKMFN1cjQ9?lpos=ep_search_item

I have the same problem if I go to channel 1545 and search for Dexter episodes.  Anyone know what's going on?

• Re: Dexter
    dcd

I would assume the Showtime is doing some server maintenance.  I'd wait a day or two and check again.  Note that I too see the same results as you posted.

jglaserbot

I am also experiencing the same issues, I had just this week downloaded all of season 8 of Dexter and had watched episodes 1-7 and this morning went to finish the remaining episodes and they were all gone and going to the on demand ch 1545 only shows seasons 1-7 but not season 8. Very frustrating hope it just a server issue and they will be back soon otherwise I guess I will have to settle watching them on the computer using Showtime Anytime.

http://www.showtimeanytime.com/#/series/323

dcd

Note that anytime a program from On Demand is removed from the server, as was your situation, they also auto delete from your DVR.

jglaserbot

I agree with you that if the server is missing or has taken away particular episodes that they would be removed from the playlist. Does anyone have any info that Showtime is doing anything on their servers or that they have just removed season 8  of Dexter. I'm very curious because when I called customer service yesterday they had access to season 8 and told me to wait 24 hrs, well it's been 40 hrs now and still no season 8.

dcd

I could not get Season 8 to work on Showtime Anytime either.  I see they are promoting DVD sales on the Showtime site.

jglaserbot

Are you sure you can't access season 8 on Showtime Anytime, I just checked and season 8 is available. I was only having issues with it not showing up on demand

SHOWTIME ANYTIME®: Watch SHOWTIME® Series, Movies all Online

dcd

I just tried again.  Season 8 is shown and listed as per normal, but when you select one of the episodes and pick "watch now" it pops up a log and that's all I get.  Did you actually play an episode?

jglaserbot

Just to be clear Showtime Anytime is independent from DirecTv and different from ch1545 which is Showtime's on demand ch.

I just tried the Showtime Anytime app on my iPad and was able to play several episodes of season 8 of Dexter, I still have no access to season 8 of Dexter on ch1545  the on demand ch.

jglaserbot

I just got off the phone with customer service and was told they were having issues with Showtime servers and they are working on a solution but weren't sure how long it would take.

fshrmkmn

The problem seems to be entirely resolved now - at least for me.