13 Replies Latest reply: Apr 5, 2014 5:28 AM by dcd RSS

Remote code for RCA LED32B30RQD TV/DVD Combo - Still Looking

tvccs

I see this question has been asked more than once in these forums beginning in 2012 without being fully resolved...so I'm trying again.

We purchased an RCA LED32B30RQD TV/DVD Combo from Best Buy a few months ago to use with an H25/500 Receiver.  After not being able to program an RC65 remote for this combo from those provided in the manual and the Web site, and spending far too long going through 991-type efforts, another satellite forum suggested other remote codes for RCA TV's and RC64 remotes.  In our case code 10056 got the TV working, at least...a further suggestion of trying the following got the input screen up on the TV but doesn't allow input source changes...

"...also programming input is additional, slide button to tv, mute & select until green light blinks above tv 2x, then put in 960, slide button back to dtv, then try input, if it doesnt work on first try, try it again"

I have this odd idea that if you purchase a TV from the country's number one electronics retailer, DirecTV should have the correct codes immediately available for their remotes...having a lot of Genie-type mega-technology ultimately means very little if the average consumer can't get his/her remote to work with their selected TV, especially one that's sold by the tens of thousands at Best Buy.  Can't someone from El Segundo go to Best Buy and obtain a remote for programming purposes???  ****...I live 10 minutes away from the DTV HQ...I'll bring mine...C'mon!

• Re: Remote code for RCA LED32B30RQD TV/DVD Combo - Still Looking

DirecTV does not manufacture the remotes or boxes.  Using DIRECTV - Remote Control Code Lookup either Code 10047 or 20522 should work with that set. Most like myself are using Logitech Harmony remotes, to control our equipment, due to being tired of most remotes being short on able to control stuff like certain brands of Sound bars, or limited command sets. I have the Harmony 650 remote and have never had any issues with it being able to control any device. 

tvccs

Thanks for your reply...the codes you suggested (and all the other suggested codes from the DTV site) don't in fact work.  I fail to see why (and most consumers will agree) I should have to buy and program an additional universal remote to operate a common TV purchased from Best Buy.  DirecTV has their equipment custom manufactured...they should be able to get these types of very basic issues resolved in-house without me having to spend another $75 (and up) per TV just to get a decent working remote.

peds48

So you are saying that the DirecTV remotes should work with every single TV that is and was on the market?  That us some high expectations from a remote that is giving to you free of charge. There is a reason why more advanced universal remote controls tend to work better with more equipment !

dcd

The codes are installed in that particular remote when it is built.  Many TV and other equipment manufacturers change their remote codes frequently.  It may well be that your remote was coded before the code for your TV was loaded on the TV.  The new remotes from Directv can load codes from the DVR and thus have the ability to get codes on an ongoing basis.

wyounce

The remotes from DirecTv seem to not be able to tell which part of the tv combo you are trying to do. Therefor I have not heard or been told how to find or get codes to work with this.

The same is with a lot of standard multi-function type remotes, when used with combo tv's, that have either VHS, DVD, or both VHS & DVD in them.  That is one reason there has been a big push lately for remotes like the Logitech Harmony series.

tvccs

The RCA TV/DVD combo in question has been for sale for well over a year at Best Buy...there are codes listed for TV/DVD combos in the DirectTV database...but none of them work for the model in question, which has to have been one of, if not the, best selling combos of its type in the U.S. over the past year.  My thought is pretty simple...if I'm paying well over $1000 a year for service, and I have TV's from major brands bought at the country's largest retailer, the DirecTV provided remote should work with them...period.  There were a stack of these TV's as returns at my local Best Buy in mint condition, and I'll lay odds at least some were returned because of this issue.

Again, DirecTV did not manufacture the remote, the company that makes them for them did.  As for your TV with built in DVD player, you have to look at it from the point of view, that you are going to have to probably go through a manual search process, then rely on the codes that the site is giving.

Most multi-use remotes, will actually look for the DVD remote code, not the TV code.  This is why there is such a hard push for people to forgive the remotes they get with their provider, and go with something like the Harmony series remotes, that you can plug in with a USB cable and program, or aim IR Sender to IR Receiver on the unit, and program your third party remote that way also.

It is just like the fact, that Pace makes the HR44 Genie boxes for Direct.  There are other companies out there that like Motorola, Samsung, etc. that manufacture the other Direct boxes & dvrs.

The following is how you do a manual code search with the DirecTV remote:

Instructions

Turn on the TV you want to find the remote code for.

Slide the "Mode" switch, which is located at the top of the remote, to "TV."

Locate the "Mute" and "Select" buttons on your remote control. The "Mute" button is located directly above the "1" button on the remote. The "Select" button is located in the middle of the remote.

Press and hold the "Mute" button followed by the "Select" button. Hold both buttons down until the green light at the top of the remote control flashes twice.

Enter "991" using the remote's keypad; the green light will flash twice again.

Point the remote at the TV and press the channel up button until the TV powers off. Pressing the channel up button automatically scans and searches for the remote code instead of forcing you to manually enter the code.

Press and release the "Select" button immediately after the TV powers off. You have successfully auto-searched for a remote code for your DirecTV remote control.

Not much else I can say, other than your choice may be getting a standard Universal remote to use, vs. the one that comes with the DirecTV receiver you have.

wyounce

Well either live with it or do what they did take it back and get another tv and separate dvd player.  Not much more to be done in finding the right codes to make it work. 

peds48
        HMMmmm, one should wonder why so many returns of this TV.  Whenever I see stuff like this, is when I go home and bring mine back to the store.....

and you are really expecting a lot from a free remote

trithai

try VIZIO code 11758.