8 Replies Latest reply: Oct 15, 2013 4:09 PM by greywolf RSS

VIZIO 3d

djtanis

I have a VIZIO M3D550KDE 3D TV, when I rent 3D movies on PPV this message appears:"This 3D program is broadcast in 1080i. Your 3D TV does not support this resolution(797).... Why? If a can see 3net channel 107?

• Re: VIZIO 3d
    texasbrit

Sure it does not say 1080p?

That is because the channel would be in what ever resolution you have set for primary, or if you have the receiver set for "Native", it may come through at 720p or 1080i.  Go into Settings > Display > Resolutions, and make sure that 480i, 480p, 720p, are unchecked, and that only 1080i is checked along with 1080p.  If your tv can handle 1080i, you will get the message to press "info" to ok.

Then you can also go in and check for Native resolution (turn to "On") also in Settings > Display > Video, and it will display any channels in their Native Resolution.  You can leave 480i, 480p checked, otherwise you may just get a black screen, with Native Resolution turned on.

Try that and see what happens.  Also there are settings for your Vizio that you have to set also, whether it is Horizontal or Vertical for 3D.  There is a lot of complaints over at http://www.avsforum.com regarding that model.  If you have a iPad or iPhone, there is the THX Calibration app, that you have to have the adapter to connect the device to an HDMI cable, but it works real well for setting the set to the most optimal display.

djtanis

I all ready did everything nothing works...... or I'm doing something wrong.... I watch Resident Evil 3D on 3Dnet channel and on my TV appears 1080i HD.... ***..... ? NO MORE RENTS ON 3D PPV for me..... Trowing my money.

3D programming has been a hard sell, so that is why you see hardly any support, when it comes to fixing problems with it.  All I can add, is to make sure you have the tv setup properly.  But also if you go through the info at avsforums.com and other sites, you will find that Vizio model has had a lot of issues with poor consumer satisfaction.

3D has to split the screen in two halves, so that is why you can only use 1080i.  It is basically 540i 4:3 when you really break it down.  BBC Article from July this year, regarding the BBC placing a indefinite hold on 3d programming.  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-23195479

I think that in 2015, when 4k sets & projectors, along with 4k Blu-Ray media start coming out, you may see a second coming for 3D, but it is still going to be a hard sell, unless all sets sold by that time, are 3D capable, no more 2D or 3D selections.  Manufacturers are going to have to make all products, just like how Blu-Ray players now are 3D capable, Flat Screens and Projectors are going to have to be 3D capable out of the box.

litzdog911

I haven't seen him here for a while, but you might try sending a message to greywolf. He's our resident 3DTV expert.

greywolf

I've been following the thread and everything I've thought about has been mentioned. Almost all 3D problems can be cured by a direct HDMI connection between receiver and TV and proper TV settings.