12 Replies Latest reply: Nov 6, 2013 7:09 AM by megan_t RSS

How do I see my topics in this system?

kdanieli

These forums are very confusing.  Too many cute features that get in the way of doing business.

Every time I log in to the forums, the system takes me back to my DirecTV account overview page showing $0 balance, etc.  A waste of time and I have to navigate back to the forums.

Once at the forums I want  to look at, on one page, My Topics, My Posts. 

Where is that and why isn't it obvious?  Thanks.

• Re: How do I see my topics in this system?
    peds48

look under your profile under content.

to load the forums page directly go to www.forums.directv.com

kdanieli

Thanks.

Too complicated, not intuitive.  This Jive forum system is the worst I've seen.

How do you find your profile?  I clicked on my Forum Name, then my Photo.  Another path?

peds48

click on your name then "inbox & activity" then content

kdanieli

I just tried your method and it didn't work for me.  Content in that context is a more generalized list of content, not my own.

It's very confusing to have 2 or more Content tabs that do entirely different things.

It's all a mystery.

litzdog911

You've posted in several threads about your dislike for this forum software.  Give it some time.  I hated it for the first several weeks, too, but it's grown on me and I've learned to use features that the old software never had.   Besides, it's not like DirecTV is going to switch back.

megan_t

Hi kdanieli -- what are you looking for exactly when you say you want to see your topics, your posts?

If you click on Content found at the top of any page you will see all content and you can filter it by what you created, what you have participated in, what you have recently viewed. Jive Genius shows suggested content based on what you have created/participated in. Hope this helps!

kdanieli

My topics = any topic that I created.  A discussion or whatever terms they use here.

My posts = any topic that I've contributed to.

kdanieli

If I click Content on the top of any page I get a matrix of activity on the site, 99% of which has nothing to do with me.

If they call that "Jive Genius" it's not Genius.  Because in a support forum, no user wants to see all recent activity by all members in all sub-forums as a default.  It includes countless posts in forums that I'd never even visit because I don't have that DirecTV equipment, I'm not an Installer, etc. 

So that Content tab is just another step toward....nothing that's relevant to me.

The other Content tab, only visible when I go to my Profile (that's just dumb to have 2 different Content tabs on the same site), is more of what I need. But that 2nd Content tab isn't available unless I take the 2 steps to get to my profile. 

Some of you use this forum every day.  Some of us come back every 4 months when we have a DirecTV tech issue. So remembering all these steps, in these Forums which are like no other support forums that I've used, is a nuisance. 

Cut the features. Simplify.  See the old Forums setup for a much better system.

kdanieli

Further feedback:  "Inbox & Activity" suggests that I'd find my posts and topics there.  But they're not there.  So that label is very misleading.  Even one of the experts suggested to go there.  The system should be stripped down and relabeled more logically.

megan_t

Click on your name or avatar in the upper right, then your image to see your profile.

kdanieli

Yes that's what I did. (Clicked on my name, then my photo to see my profile...2 steps, not 1)

Why isn't this more intuitive?

There should be half as many features on every page and just a focus on the features that will be used.  Anyone who's poked around this Jive system sees that there are layers of advanced features that no one is using.  Cut it down in half an you'll get twice as many people using the basic features so that they can actually help each other solve DirecTV problems.