5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 12, 2013 11:01 AM by texasbrit RSS

Program Guide is missing data.

rgreenage

The program guide no longer gives the name of the character next to the name of the actor. I only noticed this after the most recent software update of 10/22. Is thia a result of the update ? Or, is this how it will appear going forward? This was always the case with non dvr receiver. But now the dvr is this way also.

• Re: Program Guide is missing data.
    dcd

The type of data you reference downloads to a DVR or receiver as a background item and can take quite some time for the obscure data.  New software can cause resets that cause the Guide to need to rebuild some of the data.  In your case, nineteen days seems long enough.  If you'll select a program (national channel) that is scheduled for Wednesday and post back the name, channel and time of broadcast, I'll checdk on my system and see if the data is available.

rgreenage

Wednesday 11/13/13 Criminal Minds. 9 pm to 10 pm Channel KYW 3 (CBS).

Thursday 11/14 10 pm to 11 pm Elementary ( CBS), Scandal ( ABC) and Parenthood ( NBC) all have the same issue.Could there be a problem with my reception? It seems unlikely that all three networks could be doing the same thing.

dcd

That program is missing the data you seek on my system as well.  The Guide data is supplied by the broadcast channel to the contractor that puts the guide together.  In this case, CBS is the guilty party.

If you have any of the movie channels such as HBO or Showtime, you'll see that they do a pretty good job of listing actors and the part they play.  The short of it is your system is operating normally as far as I can tell.

rgreenage

Thursday 11/14 10pm to 11pm. Elementary(CBS), Scandal (ABC) and Parenthood (NBC) all have the same issue. Could there be a problem with my reception?  It seems unlikely that all three could have the same issue. Showtime does seem to be OK. Don't the national networks all come in on the same satellite?