21 Replies Latest reply: Dec 26, 2013 6:05 AM by dcd RSS

GenieGo app will install but won't open on Android tablet (black screen)

bmwbig6

I'm trying to get this app to work on a brand new (stock, unrooted) Dell Venue tablet with Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.  It installs fine, but when I open the app all I see is a blank (black) screen, then Android says the app is unresponsive and prompts you to close the process and report the failure online.

I see from the Google Play reviews that there are a number of other Android tablet users who were not successful in installing/using this app (that also encountered a black screen too).  I'm not sure I can trust the list of officially supported devices because the app works fine on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (not listed as supported) but doesn't work on my iPad (supported).  GenieGo works fine on my PC's and Samsung Galaxy Note 3 phones, so I know there is not a network configuration issue.

When I first got my Note 3, GenieGo would play locally downloaded programs but would not stream anything.  Then DirecTV updated their app and everything suddenly started working like it does on my PC clients.  Is this a case where the Dell Venue is just not compatible or supported yet, but in time, this product (and/or Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean) will be supported later?  I purchased the Dell Venue tablet specifically to use with GenieGo, so if it's never going to work, I will return it for a different product that I know will work with GenieGo.