5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 13, 2014 7:00 AM by peds48 RSS

Connecting an HR44 via Ethernet

somelton

I just got a Genie and the technician suggested only using WiFi to connect to my home network. I prefer hard wiring my devices when I can. Is there an issue with plugging my Genie into a hub which is connected to my router?

• Re: Connecting an HR44 via Ethernet
    shannon01

There shouldn't be any problems. I think you need to do a red button reset after connecting.

peds48

There is no issues, however, I would rather use a switch instead of a hub.

essotiger

Some folks seemed to have solved this with a default network setting default reset and hard (red button) reset.

I tried those without success and then found the text below on DTV forum. DirectTv is stating that with Whole Home DVR, we HAVE to use wireless, or the CCK Kit, but that connects wireless - so no benefit from wired connection I have next to my TV.

Has anyone with Whole Home DVR gotten the Ethernet port to work on a HR44? If so, would like to know how - frustrating....

Can I connect my HD DVR to the Internet by connecting it directly to my router with an Ethernet cable?

PriYes, but please note that if you have Whole-Home DVR service or plan to get Whole-Home DVR service, you cannot use this method ofconnecting your HD DVR to the Internet. Whether you have Whole-Home DVR service or not, we recommend that you use the DIRECTVCINEMAConnection Kit to connect your HD DVR to the Internet.
      peds48

you are "quoting" from someone who had different equipment then what you have.  While is true that you cannot connect an HDDVR directly using the ethernet port in a WHDVR system, the same does NOT apply to the Genie.  You can safely connect your Genie using ethernet