5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 9, 2014 6:19 PM by peds48 RSS

Local Channels

jimh77

Last night NBC was unviewable due to cutting off, blacking out, audio not there after a while the blue screen of death with DTV music.

Tonight it appears it is ABC's turn to be unviewable.  Will tomorrow be CBS's turn?  Seems either some upgrade is taking place during prime time or something else is going on.

• Re: Local Channels

What are your signal levels like?  What receiver do you have?  If you have had Ice or Snow, have you checked for the dish to not have any on it.  How long have you had the current Dish & LNB & receiver?

If you can visually check the connections and LNB plastic covering, those would be the first three things I would look at.  The next is what your signal levels are like.

jimh77

peds48 and broe23

I guess I wasn't clear on the "Local Channels"  All other channels were 100% fine.  Tuesday NBC kept cutting out, skipping audio, finally DTV shut it down and pasted their no need to call us. Even after it came back it was still not working hours later.  Wed PM it was ABC's turn.  So tonight will it be CBS's turn.  These are our 3 "local networks" that I can pick up with an antennae.  And when the next fees come up and get passed.  We will be going back to just the local channels only and net stream the rest.  There is nothing wrong with the equipment, weather or anything else,  just issues with the greedy networks.  Anyone else having the same issues, this usually happens before a rate increase for local networks.

Most likely they were having a issue with a Fiber cut to the uplink, could have had equipment that went down due to a bad software update, could have been due to a power outage.  No need to jump the gun and switch, just because things happen.

These things happen.  All you can do is have a antenna for backup.

peds48

jimh77 wrote:

finally DTV shut it down and pasted their no need to call us.

Exactly what I said.

peds48

jimh77 wrote:

Last night NBC was unviewable due to cutting off, blacking out, audio not there after a while the blue screen of death with DTV music.

the fact that there was a DirecTV "splash" screen indicates that it was an outage and DirecTV was aware of the issue and took the feed down for repairs.