18 Replies Latest reply: Jan 31, 2014 8:33 PM by nedzoller RSS

Weather Nation is ****. Bring Back the Weather Channel

I will be switching cable providers if this continues. I'm happy that my contract is up.

• Re: Weather Nation is ****. Bring Back the Weather Channel
    peds48

Dont fool yourself if you think this wont happen with the other providers....

As a matter of fact, DirecTV has a better record of not letting this discussion go this far.  But sometimes DirecTV has to stand their ground and they did the right thing here.  good riddance

http://droptheweatherchannel.com

litzdog911

If the Weather Channel actually showed weather, I would be more upset about this.  But I think DirecTV is making the right decision.  And no, I don't work for DirecTV either.

texasbrit

Look at the Weather Channel's own  facebook page . 90%+ of the comments say the channel only has itself to blame for this, since it started to fill its airtime with reality shows instead of weather.  It looks like most people won't miss it.

To all the DTV shills replying to my message- have you actually watched the replacement for the weather channel? It's a joke. It looks like it's produced by a local community college. Oh wait, I'm sure they have a huge staff that goes out on location to major weather events. Sure they do. Replacing a major professional television station with a low budget knock off is a disservice to the customers. Weather Nation is pure garbage and DTV knows it. And in case you haven't noticed, reality television is the most popular programming on nearly every station.

• This reply has been hidden. This can happen if the message has been hidden by a moderator, or has been reported as abusive.
      peds48

at least WN is doing weather, something that TWC was not doing

Saying weather nation is doing the weather is like saying Mike Tyson is an actor.

• This reply has been hidden. This can happen if the message has been hidden by a moderator, or has been reported as abusive.

You do not live in reality as it shows.  No one on here is a robot.  No one is a DirecTV company shill as you are calling everyone.  The majority are just customers, which I am in that category.

Since it appears that you have a huge chip on your shoulder, as large as the Empire State Building, suggest that you just stop right now.

cshults

I'll step up..I have no issue with the weather channel being gone..I don't like reality tv so I don't miss much of the programming the weather channel was providing. I do, however, appreciate that when I turn to Weather Nation, I get weather.

However, as you mentioned, I am sure Weather Nation costs a fraction of the price to produce vs. The Weather Channel, therefore I'd like to see that adjusted for in my bill..however small a discount it may be, since DirecTv isn't paying for TWC any longer and is undoubtedly paying much less to provide WN, that savings should be passed to the customers. 

I also agree with carolinablutec, DirecTv has some gaps in technology and HUGE, I repeat, HUGE gaps in their service and equipment policies which have me considerably disgruntled at the moment..

cshults

I'll step up..I have no issue with the weather channel being gone..I don't like reality tv so I don't miss much of the programming the weather channel was providing. I do, however, appreciate that when I turn to Weather Nation, I get weather.

However, as you mentioned, I am sure Weather Nation costs a fraction of the price to produce vs. The Weather Channel, therefore I'd like to see that adjusted for in my bill..however small a discount it may be, since DirecTv isn't paying for TWC any longer and is undoubtedly paying much less to provide WN, that savings should be passed to the customers. 

I also agree with carolinablutec, DirecTv has some gaps in technology and HUGE, I repeat, HUGE gaps in their service and equipment policies which have me considerably disgruntled at the moment..

Thanks, cshults.

FYI- The Weather Channel offered an on-demand service from your receiver that would give you the local weather regardless of the programming on the channel. This was removed when they changed to WN.

DTV is playing games to keep costs in check. I get it. But I don't like it. At least they could be honest with their customers but that's not how they operate.

carolinablutec

Don't care. I actually prefer Weather Underground to any of the other weather services. I always get my weather from them or the locals anyway. As far as content providers, DIRECTV has a few gaps from a technology and customer service standpoint, also some policies that I don't care for, but they still are significantly better than anyone else.

marburg

I agree.  I hate Weather Nation.  It appears to give a generic weather report for my surrounding area which has nothing to do with where I live.  I am not in the two major Metroplexes closest to me.  I live in a rural inland coastal area and my weather is completely different from the coastal areas and from the city of me.  My temperatures can vary greatly as does the precip.  At least with Weather Channel I got the weather on the 8s by my zip code.

lexikeri

I despise this Weather Nation. I want the Weather Channel back. As for the reality TV, I happen to be a big fan of it and enjoyed the specials TWC had.