6 Replies Latest reply: Jul 8, 2014 4:31 PM by peds48 RSS

C41-100 client:  Badly delayed remote response

pjt008

I searched and found many threads on this scenario, but no real answer other than "reset the unit" or "bad unit needed replacing".  It seems to be not an uncommon issue.

I have a whole house HD DVR/Genie and one client on an old 4:3 TV.  The client was working fine but there was a horrible audio problem with the Genie server, so it was replaced.  Shortly after that happened, the client (which was not replaced) started doing the "press a remote button, blue light flashes, action does not take place for several seconds (or sometimes just doesn't respond)" business.  It's very annoying to the point of being unacceptable.  I've unplugged, reset, etc. both boxes to no avail.  I'm wondering if there might be some interference? I don't have any real funky equipment near either TV, and I would hope these units are designed to be near a TV!  Thanks.

• Re: C41-100 client:  Badly delayed remote response
    tr1

I too have serious delays in changing channels, fast forwarding and rewinding etc. I have contacted Directv twice about the issue. They play dumb, and cannot resolve the problem. I have purchased a new remote, unplugged and reset my receiver many times. It just doesn't work. I'm going to call again today and if they don't fix it I'm going to cable. I'm so fed up. The service is so expensive and the equipment is junk.

tr1

Just got off the phone with Directv again about this issue. After about 25 excuses they finally agreed to replace my receiver WITH THE EXACT SAME RECEIVER. I agreed just to see if it would help. Then they told me I HAVE TO PAY $20.00 for shipping. UNBELIEVABLE. I told them forget it.

shannon01

DTV can't guarantee which client C31/C41 (unless it is the wireless version) that you will get and the $20 shipping fee has always been there unless you have the protection plan or still under the 90 day warranty.

peds48

what ere you expecting?  The C41 is one of the latest clients?

However if you want help, post back and lets see if we can get to se what is causing this issue. There are a few things you can do, but the rant must be left behind

tr1

Who do you think you are? Don't tell me about rants. I am justified. My problem is completely valid, and being ignored. Keep that stuff to yourself. I have no idea what a C31 or C41 is. Nor do I care. Just because the $20 shipping fee has always been there, doesn't make it right. Directv should take care of it's customers and resolve this issue.

Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2014 7:09 PM

To: Tim Roche

Subject: Re:  - C41-100 client:  Badly delayed remote response

DIRECTV Technical Forums 

C41-100 client:  Badly delayed remote response

reply from peds48 in DIRECTV Receiver Technical Support & Troubleshooting - View the full discussion